Make a 'Hand'some Reindeer
What You Need:
Brown construction paper (you can use craft foam or felt too)
Tan construction paper (you can use craft foam or felt too)
White paper or wiggle eyes
Black or red construction paper or a black or red pom-pom
Glue or tape
Crayon or marker
What to Do:
1. Trace two hands on the tan construction paper. Trace one foot (with a shoe on) on the brown construction paper.
2. Cut out the shapes, and arrange as illustrated - with the two hand shapes making the antlers on the deer, glue or tape into place.
3. Turn the project over to the back and write the child's name and date.
4. Draw and cut out eyes and a nose (or use wiggle eyes, and a pom-pom for the nose).
5. Glue on the eyes and nose.
For painting, I recommend that you make the foot pattern from craft foam, then put the paint on it, and stamp it onto the shirt. For the antlers, you could put paint directly on the child's hands or (especially with a very young child) make patterns like for the foot/face from craft foam and use it to stamp the hand antlers on. You might want to reverse the color choices, and make the face lighter brown and the antlers dark.