|June 2011 Newsletter Issue No. 1012|
I hope you are all enjoying the start of your summer. If renewing your continuing education is on your summer to do list, we have given you an incentive with our early bird special listed below. This is Platinum's busiest time of the year, but I will make time to enjoy the beach and the Southern California weather.
Platinum is keeping current with all the changes that are occurring. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if you have any questions or need clarification. We would also like to hear from you if you have any suggestions on the best way you would like to retrieve information. Platinum is active on our Blog, Facebook, and Twitter. The following are the most recent updates for tax preparers.
- The IRS has selected the vendor who will conduct the Return Preparer Testing and Fingerprinting Programs.
- The IRS has stated that "An individual with a provisional PTIN may not represent that he is a registered tax return preparer or has passed the competency examination. Once the competency examination is available, only an individual who has met all of the conditions to becoming a registered tax return preparer, including passing the competency examination and the tax compliance and suitability checks, may represent that he is a registered tax return preparer."
- CTEC has just announced that Effective November 1st, 2012 the CTEC renewal late fee will increase from $15 to $55. The goal for CTEC is to try and stop CRTPS from renewing late.
Please read below for more information as well as other updates.
We are still looking for customers to be part of Platinum's Website. Did you know it is important to get your own website for your business? Did you know having a link on our website moves you up in the search engine rankings? Let us know if you are interested in joining our Network page or if you would like to send us a testimonial to be posted directly on our home page.
Remember, our courses offer the following features:
- Immediate, online grading and feedback on tax course answers.
- Your Certificate of Completion (Tax) and/or Proof of Completion (Notary) is e-mailed to you immediately following the successful completion of the course.
- No need to mail or fax anything to us and absolutely no need to wait for your certificate to be mailed to you.
- Reading material that can be accessed directly from the quizzes. No downloading.
- You can save your answers and return later to complete the quizzes.
- Multiple CTEC Continuing Education tax courses
Platinum Professional Services