President and Skills for America's Future Partners Announce Initiatives Critical to Improving Manufacturing Workforce
While the manufacturing sector has faced real challenges in recent years, it continues to be the lifeblood of the American economy. One of the challenges in today's manufacturing sector is the lack of a standardized credentialing system that manufacturing firms recognize as useful preparation for their unfilled jobs. President Obama recently announced a major expansion of Skills for America's Future, an industry led initiative to dramatically improve industry partnerships with community colleges and build a nation-wide network to maximize workforce development strategies, job training programs, and job placements.
Read Full Story
Addressing Skill Shortages
As employers resume hiring, there is mounting concern about the availability of skilled labor to fill the positions most in demand. A recent study by the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) identifies best practices in workforce development to help employers tackle this mounting concern. Experts recommend a stronger collaboration between business, education and government to intensify efforts needed to build a well-trained and highly skills workforce. In addition, the research goes on to offer six-action steps companies can use to systemmatically develop the talent they'll need to compete:
- Understand your organization's key strategies and performance metrics.
- Identify competencies that map to these strategies and performance metrics.
- Assess the potential skill gaps.
- Set goals and prioritize the path to filling the gap.
- Implement learning solutions.
- Measure results and communicate the impact.
Diversity: Building Positive, Productive Relationships at Work
In its simplest form, diversity impacts both how people view themselves as well as how they perceive others. Those perceptions affect their interactions with others and in turn can impact organizational performance, motivation and success.
Join us for this complimentary webinar to discover how diversity impacts the workplace and ways you can start to build positive, productive relationships at work.
By attending this session, you'll:
- Define the importance of diversity in the workplace.
- Learn how to move your organization toward valuing diversity.
- Understand the importance of creating cultural competence within your team.
- Identify resources available to help your team appreciate and value diversity.
To Register or Learn More
OSHA 10 Training Opportunity
Need to help your team understand OSHA requirements? Register today for OSHA 10 hour training for general industry. The next session will run on the Moraine Park's Fond du Lac campus from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on the following dates:
To learn more or to register, contact email@example.com or call 920.924.3449.