Resilience - header
Resilience - links - ESSResilience - links - EandEResilience - links - SARResilience - links - PT
VOLUME 2NOVEMBER 2010
Band-Aids - Not Gonna Cover It!
What everyone should know about emergency medical first aid (part 1 & 2)
 


Disaster Image 1
Last week we discussed the various personal injuries that should be anticipated as a result of calamities, emergencies and disasters. We mentioned that only 1% of the population in the United States is a First-Responder and how the other 99% relies upon so few to provide medical assistance to so many! We asked the question - so how do we stay alive and preserve lives of others? This week we crack open that first aid kit you've stashed away and apply a little scrutiny. (caution: graphic video included)  More...

Winter Storm Damage
Extreme Weather Emergencies, Disasters, and the Role of NOAA All Hazard Radio Communications

Presenter:
Bruce G. Thomas, Chief Meterologist and Chief Spokesperson for  Midland Radio Corporation.  Mr. Thomas will be discussing:
  • America's Dealdy Weather Hazards: from "Heat to Hail"
  • Preparedness & Mitigation: Words to Live by in a Stormy World.
  • Communicating After a Disaster: Hurricane Katrina Case-in-Point
  • The NOAA Radio Weather Network: The Voice of America's National Weather Service
  • Future Technologies on Tomorrow's Horizon
Audience:
Professional Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Response Personnel in Training, Logistics and Operational Roles
  • Date: December 16, 2010
  • Location: Ruckersville, VA
  • Time: 11:00 am - 1:30 pm (lunch served)
  • Dress: Casual Professional
  • Cost: An on-site $10 donation to the Central Virginia Red Cross is respectfully requested.
 
Want to attend?
Don't miss our E-vite coming in December!

Grand Opening PNG (v3)

Announcing the
ICE-PACK.com Online Store Grand Opening!


Ready to buy that Emergency or Disaster Sustainment System for your home or workplace?  Then you don't want to miss our Grand Opening of the ICE PACK online store December 7, 2010Click here to sign up for our Grand Opening promotional giveaways.  You could win HTI HydroPack Water Filtration pouches, a Midland NOAA All-Hazards Weather Alert Radio, or even a complete ICE PACK ESS  Emergency Meals Module!
Internet Emergency Preparedness Resources 

Last month, the United States Government warned about possible terrorist attacks on Americans traveling or living abroad.  How do we deal with such threats and warnings? How to Respond to Terrorism Threats and Warnings has some important guidelines to keep you safe overseas.
Website of Interest
In every ICE PACK Resilience Newsletter we feature a website of special interest. These are government, commercial, non-profit organizations, and NGO's that do something significantly well to improve the knowledge and skill base of the emergency preparedness and disaster response communities.

Our pick for this newsletter:

Check it out!


Emergency Preparedness Division / ICE PACK™ Brand

A Division of Ashbury International Group Inc.

PO Box 8024

Charlottesville, VA. 22906-8024
www.ICE-PACK.com

info@ICE-PACK.com

Tel 434/244-7140

Fax 434/296-9260


Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter


ICE PACK™... Survivor or statistic.

The choice is yours.