| 10th Annual Alumni Phonathon
- How would you like the following?
- A chance to win a $300 scholarship
- Free dinner
- Hanging out with cool people
- Free AGTS T-shirt
- Gift certificates to area restaurants, hair salons, auto repair shops, and/or video stores
- If that sounds like you, sign up today for the 10th Annual Alumni Phonathon on September 10 and 11 (5-10 p.m. on either or both evenings) to make calls to AGTS alumni and raise funds to go toward the R.O.I. Campaign. In addition to all the great free stuff, you will earn 15% of every dollar you raise to go toward your student account!
This is a great opportunity to get together with classmates, connect with alumni, and make a difference in your seminary.
- Contact Krista in the Development Office at 268-1012, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop by the Development Office.
| Day of Renewal
- Tuesday, September 25
- 9:30 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m.
- 6:30 p.m.
- Special guest speaker: Les Welk, Superintendent of the Northwest Ministry Network
- All AGTS students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to attend two of the three services.
- All classes will be suspended and AGTS offices will be closed for the day so students and employees can fast the regularly scheduled events of the day and seek the Lord.
- We encourage family members to attend these special services as well. Childcare will be provided during the 6:30 p.m. service.
| New AGTS Facebook Page
- AGTS has a new Facebook page! Go check it out and like it.
- If you ever see your picture in one of the AGTS Facebook photo albums, tag yourself.
- Every time someone interacts with our page or one of our updates, albums, photos, or videos by liking it, tagging someone, or sharing it, the AGTS "reach" on Facebook is expanded as your action is noted on your own timeline.
- These are a few of the effortless and even fun ways that you can help your AGTS.
- If you aren't following AGTS on Twitter, follow us. We have three options:
Improve Your Writing and Your Grades
- Register now for RES 531 Academic Writing
- Half the usual tutition rate: $271.50 instead of $543
- Taught in a single weekend module:
- Friday, September 28, 2:00 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 29, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Up to 20 free hours of personal coaching and editing for your writing assignments
- One-hour non-credit course
- Coordinated by Dr. Annette Newberry; assisted by writing coaches
Dr. Paul W. Lewis: Missionary-in-Residence
- Dr. Paul Lewis will be serving as Missionary-in-Residence at AGTS this year.
- He served most recently as Academic Dean of Asia Pacific Theological Seminary. Previous to this, he served as a missionary in North Asia.
- He has a M.Div. from AGTS and a Ph.D. (Systematic Theology) from Baylor University.
- Dr. Lewis will teach Systematic Theology I this fall and Systematic Theology II next spring. He will also help advise Ph.D. students.
- Please welcome Dr. Lewis to AGTS!
For Appointments with Faculty
- Sign up on the appointment forms posted beside faculty members' office doors.
- If off campus, contact Janice Brueggemann, the Faculty Secretary, at 417-268-1070.
New Fall Course
- Dr. Anita Koeshall will be teaching a special elective, MSS 639/PTH 640 Stu: Theology of Power in Ecclesial/Missional Structures as a weekend course:
- September 28-29
- October 12-13 and
- October 26-29
Attention Fall Graduates
- Comprehensive examinations date/analytical reflection papers deadline: November 19.
- For further information, contact Janice Brueggemann, 417-268-1070.
- Global Missions Track:
- Designed for students interested in cross-cultural ministry
- Fits most AGTS degree programs
- Contact Dr. Warren Newberry about a GMT foreign or domestic practicum
- Must finalize Spring 2013 practicum in Intercultural Ministry I: August 30-September 7
- All Other Spring Practicums:
- Must be approved and processed: September 25-28 or October 8-12
- Pick up application forms from Randy Walls or Taurina Smith, or if a counseling practicum--from Jami Pool.
- Make appointment to see the appropriate practicum professor.
Counseling Practicum Labs
- Meets at 4:50-5:50 p.m. each Tuesday, Room 114
- Begins on August 28
Fall Final Exams Week
- Monday-Friday, December 10-14
Emergency Contact Info
- Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Early mornings, evenings, and Saturdays
- All other times:
Student Counseling Available
- Must be currently enrolled as a student at AGTS
- To arrange appointments, contact Jami Pool (417-268-1085) or Janice Brueggemann (417-268-1070).
Back to top
Last Day to Drop/Add
- Deadline: Monday, September 10
- Change of Schedule forms available at the front window in the Registrar's Office or on the Student Portal in the AGTS Academic Forms folder.
Free Audit for Spouses
New E-mail or Local Address?
Register to Graduate in May 2013
- Deadline: October 31
- Plan to complete all degree requirements between now and August 2013?
- Contact Sarah Clark at 417-268-1025 or email@example.com
Back to top
Business Office News
Fall 2012 Fee Schedule
- Deferred Payment Fee: Accounts not paid in full on or before the first day of the semester will be charged a deferred payment fee of $50.
- Late Payment Fee: All past due accounts will be charged a $25 per month late fee.
- Full Cash Payment Discount: Accounts paid in full on or before the first day of class will receive a 1% discount on the net tuition. Net tuition is the full tuition charge less tuition discounts and institutional scholarships.
Deferred Payment Schedule
- Deferred payments must be made on or before the following dates in order to avoid a $25 per month late fee: October 15, November 15
Financial Registration for Summer and Fall
- If you have not yet had your student ID picture taken, please make arrangements with the Business Office as soon as possible.
Back to top
| Financial Aid News |
Federal Direct Student Loans
- If you have not received your Federal Direct Student Loans by September 19, please notify the Financial Aid Office or call 268-1028.
Back to top
|Library News |
Fall Library Hours
- The Library will be closed on Labor Day, Monday, September 3.
- Tuesday, September 4, at 2:30 p.m.
- If interested, please meet at the Library Circulation Desk.
Back to top
- AGTS will host a chaplaincy event on Friday, September 14, from 6-8 p.m. in the Great Hall
- All prospective chaplaincy candidates, both military and institutional, are welcome to attend.
Back to top
Wrote "Training Pentecostal Missionaries: Getting Properly Wired, Hearing and Obeying the Voice of the Spirit" in Journal of the European Pentecostal Theological Association, 32, no. 2, (2012).
Wrote: Diccionario de Hermeneutica: Una guia concise de terminus, nombres, metodos, y expresiones. Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 2012.
Wrote, "Reaching the City: Reflections on Urban Ministry in the Twenty-first Century." In Islam in Urban America: Developing Strategy to Reach Diaspora Through the Local Church. San Francisco, CA: William Carey Library.
Wrote article, "Preaching that Actually Matters: 6 Keys to Forming Disciples." Enrichment Journal (Winter 2013).
September 17-October 28: Teaching online course, "The Holocaust," for Kings Seminary in Van Nuys, California
Beginning August 30: Teaching "Essential Christianity" for Evangel University
May 12-13: Led Discipling Team in Orientantion and Evaluation at Mustard Seed Church in Lawrence, Kansas
June 3: Preached four services at Full Gospel AG in Bangalore, India
June 4-8: Taught a D.Min. course, "Leading Missional Ministry" at Southern Asia Bible College, Bangalore, India
June 10: Preached in two services at Grace AG in Singapore
June 12-16: Attended Acton Unviersity, Grand Rapids, Michigan
June 19: Participated in ATS' Conference for Chief Academic Officers
June 20-22: Attended ATS' biennial meeting
June 26-28: Participated in Faculty Seminar, sponsored by the Alliance for AG Higher Education
August 5: Preached at the Chinese Church, Springfield, Missouri
September 5-8: Speaker to raise funds for the Boys and Girls Missionary Challenge (BGMC) in Gold Beach, Oregon
September 9: Preaching at the Missions Service at Peoples Church in Salem, Oregon
September 14-15: Speaking at a workshop for the "Experience Conference" at the Peninsular Florida AG District in Lakeland, Florida
September 17: Meeting with mission's faculty at Southeastern University in Lakeland, Florida
September 20-22: Attending the Evangelical Missions Society National Conference in Chicago, Illinois
September 23: Preaching the Missions Service for the Hobson Road Community Church in Downers Grove, Illinois
September 30: Preaching the Missions Convention for West County Assembly of God in Chesterfield, Missouri
September 8-12: Presenting "A Biblical Theology of Christian Education" to the Educators' Summit of the AG of Latin America, Lima, Peru
September 13-20: Teaching "Cultural Anthropology" to MA students at Mattersey Hall, Mattersey, United Kingdom
September 23-28: Teaching "Contextualized Theology" at CINCEL, San Jose, Costa Rica
September 29-October 3: Preaching at a National Missions Convention, Panama City, Panama
September 19: Keynote speaker for the Kern Pastoral Network in Chicago, Illinois
September 23: Preaching at New Hope International Church in Sunnyvale, California