| Where in the Word is Dr. Klaus?
- May 2: Preaching ordination service for Penn/Del District Council, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- May 29-June 2: Plenary speaker at the Lausanne Movement Consultation on Global Theological Education, South Hamilton, Massachusetts
- June 20-22: Association of Theological Schools Biennial Meeting, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Take Beginning Hebrew Now
- Hebrew IA and IB (with Dr. Wave Nunnally) will be offered this summer.
- During the fall and spring semester, students may take these as directed research.
Attention Summer Graduates
- Dates for comprehensive exams/deadlines for analytical reflection papers:
- Monday, June 4--Summer Session I
- Tuesday, July 10--Summer Sessions II and III
- Contact Janice Brueggemann, Faculty Secretary, for further details
- Officially approved summer syllabi can be found on the AGTS website. Paper copies of syllabi will not be distributed in classes.a to top
Back to top
You've Got Mail!
- Check your email accounts periodically for special announcements, registration updates, etc.
- If your email address changes, contact the Registrar's Office via the Student Portal.
- It is not too late to register for a summer class.
- Contact the Registrar's Office for further information.
- Summer Sessions
- First summer session--May 7
- Second summer session--June 4
- Third summer session--July 2
- Contact the Business Office for Refund Policy for accelerated summer sessions.
Back to top
Business Office News
Deferred Payment Schedule
- Deferred payments for the summer semester are May 7, June 15, and July 15.
- Past due accounts are subject to a $25 per month late fee.
Financial Registration for Summer and Fall
- If you have not yet completed financial registration for the fall or summer terms, please stop by the Business Office as soon as possible and sign your promissory note.
- Registration for these terms is not complete until financial arrangments have been made with the Business Office.
|Financial Aid News |
Federal Financial Aid
- If you have not completed your Financial Aid Forms, it is imperative that you do them right away.
- Below are the steps in completing your financial aid:
- If you have never completed a Master Promissory Note for your Federal Direct Loans, go to Federal Direct loan.
- Complete Stafford Entrance Counseling Interview.
- For further information, contact Flo Byerly in the Financial Aid Office or by calling 417-268-1028.
Graduates or Non-Returning Students
- The U.S. Department of Education requires all graduates or non-returning students who received Federal Direct Loans and/or Federal Stafford Loans while at AGTS to attend a Financial Aid Exit Interview.
- Contact Flo Byerly to inquire regarding procedure for an Exit Interview.
|Library News |
Library Hours for
April 28-May 5
- Saturday, April 28
- Sunday, April 29
- Monday-Friday, April 30-May 4
- Saturday, May 5
Summer Library Hours
Back to top
AGTS will be closed the following days:
- Monday, May 28--Memorial Day
- Wednesday, July 4--Independence Day
Back to top
Book Review: Amos Yong and Clifton Clarke eds. "Global Renewal, Religious Pluralism, and The Great Commission: Toward a Renewal Theology of Mission and Interreligious Encounter." In Pneuma, Spring 2012.
"Majority World Missions" int he Encyclopedia of Christian Civilization, Vol. 3, ed. George Thomas Kurian, 1412-1413, Oxford, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, 2011
"Missionary Call" in the Encyclopedia of Christian Civilization, Vol. 3, ed. George Thomas Kurian, 1538-1539, Oxford, UK: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, 2011
May-June: Will consult with our AG College on the viability of an indigenous graduate program in Christian Counseling for Southern African pastors in Malawi, South Africa
May-June: Will conduct exploratory research on the Whole Life Discipleship project to determine to what extent the "discipleship outcomes" that are being developed in our Kern Foundation sponsored research for the U.S. church will be generalizable to a "Majority World context," South Africa
May 27: Will speak at a Vineyard Church, Chicago, Illinois
April 22-28: AGWM Palermo 2012 Muslim Consultation with 230 AGWM and national missionaries. The theme is "Ministering to Muslims in the Power of the Holy Spirit."
May 6: Will speak at the Missions Convention at First Assembly of God, Raleigh, North Carolina
May 9-11: Will help launch "The Jonah Initiative" to train and equip national missionaries to plant churches among unreached/unengaged Muslim people; AGWM Global Initiative: Reaching Muslim Peoples" will lead the event in New York City, New York
May 14-16: Will participate in the AGWM Missiological Committee Meeting, Chicago, Illinois
May 21-23: Will participate in the Illinois District Council, Carlinville, Illinois
May 8-11: Will serve as secretary for "Together in Missions" meeting of Ibero-American Assemblies of God missions leaders, Madrid, Spain
May 21-25: Will teach "Pentecostal Theology of Leadership Development" at CINCEL, Costa Rica
May 28-June 8: Will direct the Institute for Islamic and Buddhist Studies, San Salvador, El Salvador
May 7-9: Will attend strategic planning meetings with a new Evangelical Network, the Missio Alliance, Richmond, Virginia
June 3 and 10: Will speak on apologetics at New Life Church, Springfield, Missouri