GIRLS' NITE OUT
Friday, February 4, 7-9 p.m. in the AGTS Great Hall
All the women from the AGTS community--students, student wives, staff, faculty, and faculty wives--are invited to enjoy a fabulous evening making new friends or connecting with old friends while eating chocolate. RSVP to email@example.com or call 268-1000.
Childcare will be provided. However, a reservation is required. Please contact Norma Davies (268-1000) to place childcare reservation--no later than Noon on Thursday, February 3.
Back to top
Ministerial Student Writing Contest
Jumpstart your writing ministy!
In 2010, AGTS student Martin Monacell won a second place award of $400.
In 2009, AGTS student John Johnson won a third place award of $300.
Polish one of your "A" papers from the following categories:
- Biblical studies
- Historical studies
- Theological studies (including ethics)
- Ministry (preaching, leadership, counseling, evangelism, etc.)
- World Missions
Submit your paper in MS Word according to the Writer's Guidelines available on the Ministry Magazine website.
- Grand prize: $750
- First prize: $500
- Five Second prizes: $400
- Five Third prizes: $300
Deadline for submissions: June 30, 2011
Global Initiative Colloquium
- Global Initiative will host a colloquium at AGTS on February 24 with special guest Dr. Sobhi Malek.
- Watch the AGTS hall monitors for exact time and location.
- For more information, please contact Mark Hausfeld (268-1079).
Back to top
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- February 13--Life Center to honor Fulton Buntain as a Pillar of the Faith, Tacoma, Washington
Back to top
Attention Spring Graduates
- Comprehensive examinations and the deadline for submitting analytical reflection papers is Monday, March 7.
- Guidelines available online
- Contact the Faculty Secretary if you have any questions.
Fall 2011 Practicums
- Fall practicums (excluding Intercultural Ministry practicums) must be approved and processed by February 1-4.
- Applications are avaialbe from the Faculty Secretary.
Spring Study Week
Plan to use this week to catch up on writing papers and reading.
- AGTS' ten year re-accreditation visit will occur March 13-16. The teams from the Association of Theological Schools and/or the North Central Association will be interviewing administrators, faculty, students, and alumni in order to evaluate the progress the seminary has made.
- Please cordially welcome the guests.
- Thank you to so many people who are working hard to prepare for this occasion.
Summer & Fall Registration
- February 28-March 4
- Check Student Portal (https://ecams.agts.edu/estudent) for details.
- Schedule appointment with faculty adviser beginning February 17. Summer graduates should plan to register early that week.
Back to top
|Business Office News |
Deferred Payment Dates
- Deferred payments for the spring semester are due on or before February 15 and March 15.
- Payments must be received in the Business Office on or before these dates in order to avoid the $25 per month late fee.
Spring 2011 Scholarships
- Scholarships for the spring term will post to student accounts by the first of February.
- If you are a recipient, please review your February account statement carefully to make sure that the award and the accurate amount have been posted.
- Please report any discrepancies to the Business Office as soon as possible.
Back to top
Financial Aid News
2010-2011 Student Loans
- To apply for 2011-12 student loans:
- Have the following items available:
- Your Department of Education PIN number (to received a PIN number, go to www.pin.ed.gov and apply)
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Driver's License
- A copy of your 2010 income taxes
Deadline for Late Spring Loans
- February 25 is the dealine to secure a Stafford Loan for the Spring 2011 term.
Deadlines for Summer Loans
- Priority Deadline: March 13
- Final Deadline: March 31
If you received financial aid this semster, just complete a summer student loan data sheet.
If not, the following docuemnts are available in the Financial Aid Office or online and must be received by the deadline:
- FAFSA (2011-12) must be completed/processed by Central Processor
- Financial Aid application
- Summer student loan data sheet
- Federal Direct Loan master Promissory Note (only one MPN while attending AGTS is required)
- Work Study application, if interested
Back to top
- Mario Guerreiro will be on the campus of Southeastern University the week of February 3--Lakeland, Florida
- January 31 and February 1--Amanda Bullock will speak in two different classes at College of the Ozarks, Hollister, Missouri
- February 7-9--Amanda Bullock will represent AGTS at the CBC Missions Festival, Springfield, Missouri
Luke James' Enrollment Trips
Week of February 3--William Woods College and Harris-Stowe University in the St. Louis area
February 7-8--District Youth Director's conference
- February 15--Westminster College--Graduate Fair, St. Louis, Missouri
- February 16--Truman State University--Graduate Fair
AGTS Open House
- AGTS will host an open house for prospective students on Thursday, February 17.
- For additional information, contact Linda Smith at 417-268-1031.
Faculty Writing & Ministry
Dr. Deborah Gill
Wrote "Fruit of the Unified Practice of Discipleship," the scriptural commetary (on Acts 2:42-47--"one in the apostles' teaching, fellowship, breaking of bread, and prayer") for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity 2011. See Ecumenical Trends. February 2011. Also check their website.
Wrote three book reviews, one for Pneuma and two for Encounter.
Dr. Charles Self
January 27-30--will travel to Lutherville, Maryland to lead a Leadership Advance for Trinity Church
February 10-14--Will travel to the Bay Area in California--for ministry at Chi Alpha, Stanford, Abundant Life AG Missions Emphasis. In addition, he will participate in civic and political speeches in San Francisico and Rio Vista, California.