Second Hogan Lecturship
8th Annual Alumni Phonathon
- Thanks to everyone who helped make the 2010 Phonathon a huge success!
- We appreciate all the student callers, alumni who made financial commitments, and faculty and staff who provided meals, goodies, and prayer support.
- We have raised $23,000 so far!
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- October 7--Television interview with Christian Television Network, Morris, Illinois
October 15--Inauguration of AGTS alum, Dr. Carol Taylor, as President of Vanguard University, Costa Mesa, California
- October 28--Preach in chapel at Evangel University
Girls' Nite Out
Friday, October 1
935 N. Glenstone Ave.
(just south of Evangel University)
Enjoy complimentary homemade desserts while connecting with women from the AGTS Community.
RSVP attendance with Norma Davies at 268-1000 or email@example.com by noon on Friday, October 1.
Childcare available at Central Assembly. Contact Norma Davies to register. Deadline is noon--Wednesday, September 29.
Attention Fall Graduates
- Monday, November 1--comprehensive examination date and dealine for analytical reflection paper.
Spring 2011 Practicums
- Students must apply and register for class credit BEFORE doing a practicum; credit will not be given for students requesting credit after completing a practicum.
- October 5-8: Schedule interview with practicum coordinator.
- Pick up practicum form from Marlene Call, factulty secretary.
- Counseling practicum applicants must complete the required application and present proof of malpractice insurance before approval.
Fall Study Week
- October 18-22
- No classes; students are encouraged to use this time for studying, reading, and writing papers.
- Mark your calendars.
- Registration for the 2011 spring semester is scheduled for the week of November 1-5
- More information will be forthcoming.
Register to Graduate in April 2011
- If you plan to complete all your degree requirements between now and August 2011, please register to graduate by printing off the application.
- Once you complete the application, please return it to the Registrar's Office.
Back to top
- The Registrar's Office routinely sends messages via email.
- To ensure that you don't miss any important notices and/or announcements, be sure to notify the office if your email address changes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Business Office News
Deferred Payment Schedule
- Second deferred payment date is October 15.
- Payments must be received on or before this date to avoid a $25 montly late fee.
Federal Direct Loan
- If you have not received your Federal Direct Loan for the fall 2010 semester, please see Flo Byerly in the Financial Aid Office.
- Scholarships and tuition discounts for the fall posted to student accounts in September. Please review your next billing statement carefully.
- If you are expecting an award for the fall and it does not appear on your statement or if the amount shown seems incorrect, please contact the Business Office as soon as possible.
Spring Scholarship Applications
- Scholarship applications for the 2011 spring semester are available in the Business Office.
- Deadline: 4:30 p.m. Friday, October 15
- Award notifications will be sent out by November 15.
- Students and staff may park vehicles on the north, south, and west parking lots of the main seminary building or on the paved portions of the O'Reilly gym.
- Please do not park on the grass or in visitor spaces.
- Violators subject to a $10 parking fine.
|Student Life News |
Spiritual Formation Requirement
- If you are a returning student and did not meet with Dr. Jay Taylor last semester, please contact Treasa Edmond to schedule an appointment.
- Pick up the Wagner-Modified Houts Questionnaire from the Student Services Office.
- If you are a new student and have not made your 30-minute appointment with Dr. Jay Taylor, please see Treasa Edmond to set up an appointment.
|Enrollment News |
AGTS Open House
- Thursday, October 7
- Spend an hour with AGTS, either at Noon or 7 p.m.
- All faculty members are invited to attend one or both sessions.
- October 5--Mario Guerreiro will visit Johnson Bible College in Knoxville, TN
- October 5--Luke James will be at Central Bible College, Springfield, MO
- October 6--Luke James will be at Messenger College, Joplin, MO
Co-authored, with Dr. Mervin van der Spuy, a chapter in the book, Forgiveness, Reconciliation and Restoration: Multidisciplinary Studies from a Pentecostal Perspective, edited by Martin Mittelstadt and Geoffrey Sutton. Their chapter evaluated the role of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission in South Africa as a mechanism to deal with post-conflict reconciliation.
Wrote article, "Desires in Conflict: Hope and Healing for Individuals Struggling with Same-Sex Attraction," in the Fall 2010 edition of the Enrichment Journal.
"Sacred History," an interview with Dr. Self was published in the July 25, 2010 edition of Today's Pentecostal Evangel.
Wrote "I'm Sorry, My Brother: A Reconciliation Journey," a chapter in Forgiveness, Reconciliation and Restoration: Multidisciplinary Studies from a Pentecostal Perspective, edited by Martin Mittelstadt and Geoffrey Sutton.
Wrote a book review on Alan Johnson's book, Apostolic Function in 21st Century Missions in Evangelical Missions Quarterly, April 2010.
God's Women--Then and Now, written by Deborah Gill and Barbara Cavanass, is currently in its third edition in both English and Tamil. It has also been voice recorded for the blind.
The Study Guide for the book is now available in 6 Indian languages and being translated into Finnish.
Global University offers a course derived from the book and is currently in the process of translating the book into Spanish.
July 29-August 6: Keynote speaker at "Power of Faithful Retreat" in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
September 16-19: Provided startegic consultation for two California churches and gave a political action speech, "Let Freedom Ring," in the California Bay Area.
September 19: Preached at Northside Church, Salinas, CABack to top
Aug. 27-Sept. 26: Traveled to Philippines Malaysia, and Singapore and taught classes in Baguio, Kuala Lumpur-Kuching, and Kuching.
September 21: Will speak at a meeting of Evangel University's chapter of Alpha Chi, a national honor society, on the occasion of their induction of new members.
August 1: Missions services at Grace Community, Sacramento, CA and First AG, Salinas, CA
August 2-6: Together in Missions Leadership Training Seminar, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
August 7, 14: Missions Services in California: First Assembly of God, San Diego; Crosspointe Life Church and Faith Chapel, La Mesa
August 19-23: Regional Missions Convention, Cordoba, Argentina
Aug. 26-Sept 4: Latin American Educators Summit, Santiago, Chile
Sept. 8-13: Latin American Missionary Educators Consultation, Waxahachie, TX
Aug. 22-Sept. 6: Traveled to Central Asia to do research
Sept. 25-28: Traveled to Mattersey Hall United Kingdom (British AG theological school) to consult on educational programs
Sept. 29-Oct 1: Will travel to Istanbul, Turkey for a leadership seminar on teams