|Day of Renewal
On September 21, AGTS will experience a Day of Renewal with special guest, Dr. Brad Trask.
All students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to attend two of the three special services: 9:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. All classes are canceled for the day and the offices will be closed so the entire community can enjoy this time of spiritual renewal.
Childcare will be provided during the 6:30 p.m. service.
8th Annual Alumni Phonathon
Would you like dinner, a cool AGTS
t-shirt, gift certificates to area
restaurants, hair salons, auto repair shops and video stores, as well as a chance to win a $300 scholarship?
Sign up today for the 8th Annual Alumni Phonathon on September 13 and 14 (5-10 p.m.) to make calls to AGTS alumni and raise scholarship funds. In addition to all the great free stuff, you will earn 15% of every dollar you raise to go toward your student account!
This is a great opportunity to get together with classmates, connect with alumni, and make a difference in your seminary.
Contact Mary in the Development Office-268-1012 or firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by Mary's office to sign up.
Back to top
Girls' Nite Out
Friday, October 1
Open to all the women of the AGTS community
Childcare provided at Central Assembly.
Further details to be announced soon.
To RSVP attendance or childcare needs, contact Norma Davies at 268-1000 or email@example.com
- Thursday, August 26, 11:00 a.m. Seymour Chapel
Speaker: Dr. Byron Klaus
- Reception following in the Great Hall
- Great opportunity to bring your family and friends.
Back to top
- Wednesday, September 8, 9:30 a.m., Seymour Chapel
- Drs. John and Anita Koeshall will be installed as the 2010-2011 J. Philip Hogan Chairs for World Missions
- Faculty and administration will be in full academic regalia
- Everyone is invited to the reception in the Great Hall immediately following the service.
Improve Your Writing and Your Grades
- Register now for RES 531 Academic Writing 2:00-5:00 p.m., Wednesdays: Sept. 8, 22; October 27; November 17
For Appointments with Faculty...
- Sign up on the appointment forms posted beside faculty members' office doors.
- If off campus, contact Marlene Call, the Faculty Secretary, at 417-268-1070.
Global Missions Track:
- Designed for students interested in cross-cultural ministry
- Fits most AGTS degree programs
- Contact Dr. Warren Newberry about a GMT foreign or domestic practicum
- Must finalize Spring 2011 Practicum in Intercultural Ministry I: August 26-September 3.
All Other Spring Practicums:
- Must be approved and processed: September 21-24 or October 5-8.
- Pick up application forms from Marlene Call, or if a counseling practicum, from Jami Pool, Counseling Secretary.
- Make appointment to see the appropriate practicum professor.
Back to topCounseling Practicum Labs
- Meet 4:50-5:50 p.m. each Tuesday, Room 114
- Begins August 24, 2010
Fall Final Exams Week
Attention Fall Graduates
- Comprehensive examinations date/analytical reflection papers deadline: November 1.
- If you have questions, please contact Marlene Call, 417-268-1070
For Emergencies Only, call:
Early morning, evenings, and Saturday:
All Other Times:
Student Counseling Available
- Must be currently enrolled.
- To arrange appointments, contact Jami Pool, Counseling Secretary, at 268-1085, or Marlene Call, Faculty Secretary, at 268-1070.
Back to top
- Turabian Tutorial by Dr. Jim Railey, is available on-line Turabian Tutorial.
- The PowerPoint supplement can be found at: PowerPoint Supplement.
- Biblical-Theological Research and Writing Tutorial (3-hour video) by Dr. Edgar Lee is available.
Grades for the summer semester have been posted and may be accessed through the Student Portal.
Last Day to Drop/Add
- Deadline: Tuesday, September 7.
- Change of Schedule forms available at the front window in the Registrar's Office or on the Student Portal in the Downloadable Forms folder.
Free Audit for Spouses
- Spouses of full-time seminarians can audit one class this fall free of charge.
- Register in the Registrar's Office before September 7.
New E-mail or Local Address?
Please see the student handbook for guidelines related to privacy of student records
Register to Graduate in April 2011
- Deadline: October 29
- Plan to complete all degree requirements between now and August 2011?
- Contact Sarah Clark at 417-268-1025 or by email
|Business Office News
Fall 2010 Fee Schedule
Deferred Payment Schedule
- Deferred Payment Fee-Accounts not paid in full on or before the first day of the semester will be charged a deferred payment fee of $50.
- Late Payment Fee-All past due accounts will be charged a $25 per month late fee.
- Full Cash Payment Discount-Accounts paid in full on or before the first day of class will receive a 1% discount on the net tuition. Net tuition is the full tuition charge less tuition discounts and institutional scholarships.
Photo ID for New Students
- Deferred payments must be made on or before the following dates in order to avoid $25 per month late fee: October 15; November 15
Labor Day Weekend Schedule
- If you have not yet had your student ID picture taken, please make arrangements with the Business Office as soon as possible.
- The building will be open the following times during the holiday weekend:
- Friday Sept. 3 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Saturday Sept. 4 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sunday Sept. 5 Closed
- Monday Sept. 6 Closed
Regular building hours will resume on Tuesday, September 7.
Back to top
|Enrollment News |
Welcome to Luke James
AGTS welcomes Luke James as the new Recruiter/Enrollment Representative
Mario Guerreiro Trips
- September 2: Mario and Luke James will be at LABI in San Antonio, Texas
- September 16: SAGU, Waxahachie, Texas
- September 21: Valley Forge in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- September 23: Messiah College, Grantham, Pennsylvania
Luke James Trips
- September 15: Northwestern College, St. Paul, Minnesota
- September 16: North Central University, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- September 17: Crown College in Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota
|Linda Smith & Natalia Guerreiro Trips
- September 16-18:Linda Smith will represent AGTS at the Southern Missouri District Woman's Retreat
- September 29-October 1: Natalia and Linda will represent AGTS at Conversations '10 Women in Ministry Conference in Dallas, Texas
Wrote the cover article, "Islam in America," which appeared in Pentecostal Evangel, June 27, 2010.
Contributed a chapter to Trajectories in the Book of Acts: Essays in Honor of John Wesley Wyckoff. ed. P. Alexander, Jordan May, and Robert Reid (Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2010).
Wrote a book review for Encounter E-Journal on Ivan Satyavrata's book, The Holy Spirit: Lord and Life-giver, published by IVP Academic, 2010.
Submitted the Foreword for John Wyckoff's new book, Pneuma and Logos: The Role of the Holy Spirit in Biblical Interpretation, to be published by Wipf & Stock this fall.
The Evangelical Press Association Award of Excellence was granted to the Pentecostal Evangel for 2009, as stated in the August 1, 2010 edition of the magazine.
Dr. Lim's article, "Why You Need a Savior," published September 20, 2009, received a second place award in the evangelism article category.
His article, "7 Ways to Ruin Your Small Group," was purchased by Gospel Publishing House for use with their small group materials.
Published an article, "Ministry Lessons from a Biker Chick," in Women in Ministry Mobilized E-Newsletter, July 15, 2010.
Published an editorial, "Creation Waits with Eager Longing," Encounter E-Journal, Summer 2010.
|Faculty News |
Led the largest group he had ever hosted in South Africa. Most were soccer players from Southwestern Assemblies of God University who presented soccer clinics in the townships and served persons affected by HIV/AIDS. Mario and Holly Guerreiro joined him on the AIDS Safari, and also visited Mario's childhood home in Maputo, Mozambique.
Appointed as the new Vice President of Academic Affairs at Southeastern University, effective August 1, 2010.
Was the keynote speaker for "Power of Faithful Focus" Retreat in Calgary, Alberta, Canada from July 29-August 6.
Was interviewed by Ken Horn, and the interview, "Sacred History," was published in the Pentecostal Evangel, July 25, 2010.
Spoke at Sunday morning service at Full Life Christian Center, San Francisco, July 4.
Spoke at Sunday morning service at Springfield Chinese Church, July 25.
Taped two interviews on August 11 with Dr. Wayde Goodall for his TV program, Inspiring Living, to be aired on the TCT network. The topics were "Discipleship and Making Disciples" and "A Felt-Need Approach to Evangelism."
Taught Pentateuch to 24 Bachelors and Masters students at AG Bible College, Singapore, July 17-31 and visited with alumna Moon Chai who sends greetings.
Spoke for the Chi Alpha Pastors' Conference in Phoenix, AZ, July 2010.
As a Kern Fellow, attended the Acton University in Grand Rapids, Michigan, June 15-19, 2010.
Preached at Central Assembly of God in Newark, NJ, for Paul Valerius, AGTS alumnus, June 13, 2010. He also helped build a large deck behind the parsonage.Back to top
9:00am - 9:30pm
10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Any exceptions to this schedule over the course of the semester will be posted in advance.
will be closed on Labor Day, Monday Sept.6.
A library orientation has been scheduled for new students on Tuesday, Aug. 31 at 2:30 pm.
Students interesting in participating in the orientation should meet at the library Circulation Desk.
Back to top