Commitment to Customer Service
One of the top priorities at Louisville International Airport has been our commitment to providing excellent customer service. To ensure that we meet our customers' needs effectively, we regularly survey airport guests who use airport services. The results determine our annual Choice Awards for our business partners.
Congratulations to the following Louisville International Airport businesses that earned the 2011 Choice Awards:
- Southwest Airlines earned the Travelers' Choice Award for the highest overall customer satisfaction ration among our airline partners.
- Frontier Airlines earned the Travelers' Progress Award for the most significant progress in customer satisfaction among our airline partners.
- The Paradies Shops' CNBC earned the Customers' Choice Award for the highest overall customer satisfaction among our non-airline partners.
- HMSHost's Chili's, Too! earned the Customers' Progress Award for the most significant progress in customer satisfaction among our non-airline partners.
Louisville International is Connected
Are you looking to get away? No matter where you wish to go, Louisville International Airport (SDF) can get you there. With all-jet service to 25 destinations and hundreds of connections to locations across the globe - reaching your favorite destinations has never been easier.
- Louisville International is served by six of the nation's seven largest airlines that carry more than 70 percent of all U.S. passengers.
- Louisville International offers daily, nonstop service to eight of the nation's 10 largest airports and most major international gateways - including new service to New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD).
For more information and online flight schedules click here. At FlyLouisville.com we're making air travel easier.
Crittenden Drive Relocation
Thanks to the support of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and Louisville Metro, construction of Phase I of the Crittenden Drive Relocation Project continues.
This roadway relocation project is necessary to allow for the construction of Taxiway "A," which is necessary to accommodate Group VI aircraft-the largest and newest long-range commercial aircraft.
As part of Phase I, the southern portion of the roadway will be relocated and a roadway (currently under construction) will be built over the CSX railroad tracks-connecting the Airport Industrial Center to Louisville International Airport.
Airport Authority Employees Honored
Executive Director's Grand Slam Award
Congratulations to Mike Thompson of Bowman Field, who recently received the Executive Director's Grand Slam Award for his dedication, perseverance and passion, which significantly contributed to making our airports the Airports of Choice for travelers in our region.
Employee of Choice Award
Public Safety Officer II, Josh Ball was selected as the Employee of Choice for 2011. Josh was recognized by his fellow employees for demonstrating exceptional customer service, leadership, teamwork and community involvement.
|Summer Aviation Camp|
Do you have a child or grandchild between the ages of 10-15 interested in learning more about aviation? If so, join us on Tuesday, July 17 and Wednesday, July 18 for a two-day Aviation Camp at historic Bowman Field! Sponsored by the Louisville Regional Airport Authority and conducted by the Aviation Museum of Kentucky, campers will learn about the industry, flight navigation, computer flight simulation, aeronautics and meet with professionals. Additionally, campers will have the opportunity to co-pilot an aircraft with a FAA certificated pilot (weather permitting). Visit www.aviationky.org for more information.