The Morty Manus 'What Music Means to Me'
Drop by your local Pender's Music Co. location and submit your essay for a chance to win a paperback edition of Richard Rejino's "What Music Means To Me." In addition, if your essay is chosen as our overall winner, be automatically entered to win the national $500 Grand Prize!
ESSAY CONTEST RULES
1. Entrants can be music-makers of any age.
2. One essay per entrant up to 1,000 words. Essays must be original and must not infringe on the intellectual property rights of a third person. Pender's Music Co. and RPMDA (Retail Print Music Dealers Assoc.) assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, postage-due, or illegible entries, all of which will be disqualified. All materials submitted will become Pender's Music's or RPMDA's property and will not be returned.
3. Essays in our competition will be judged by persons from Pender's Music Co. Our overall winning local essay, as chosen from those submitted to our three locations, will be entered in the national competition, which will be judged by a person or persons selected by RPMDA. The decisions of the judges will be final. Essays will be judged on their effectiveness, insightfulness, creativity, and development of the ideas expressed. The one overall winner will also receive a paperback edition of "What Music Means to Me," the book that has inspired this contest.
4. Mail-in entries should be typed or computer-printed, double-spaced, and addressed "Attention RPMDA Essay Competition," followed by "Pender's Music Co." and your preferred location's address as specified below. Handwritten essays must be highly legible. Emailed entries should be sent with the subject line "RPMDA Essay Competition." RPMDA dealer members and RPMDA reserve the right to disqualify illegible entries. To ensure anonymity with the judges, entrants should print a pseudonym on their essay. For digital submissions, they should email their pseudonym along with a PDF or Word-compatible attachment, plus real name, address, telephone number, fax number and email address. If submitting by mail, attach a 3x5 card or the equivalent with the same information. If an entrant is younger than 18 years old, a parental consent that includes parent's first and last name plus that parent's telephone number, email (if available), and mailing address must be provided.
5. Deadline: Postmark and electronic deadline is March 25, 2012 (no exceptions). To be considered in our local competition mail, fax or email your entry to: