A Warm Weather Valentine
|Valentine Chocolate Dipped Strawberries|
It's that time of year, guys and girls, to be thinking of the one you love. If you're pressed for time, or would rather just visit the Smokies in the spring instead of February, purchase a Gift Certificate to be given on the 14th but redeemed later, and we'll include a complimentary plate of Chocolate Dipped Strawberries. There is still time for us to get the certificate in the mail, or I can overnight it. Mention Warm Weather Valentine when calling!
So speaking of warm weather, it has been an unexpectedly mild winter this year. So far... I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. As most of you know, the last couple of winters, I have taken winter reservations weather dependent. Translation, call me with your name, phone number, email address, dates and room request. I'll call you three days before your arrival with a weather update. If that four letter word "snow", is not in the forecast, it's a reservation/stay made in heaven. If the weather doesn't cooperate there is no deposit lost. Our regular reservation season is April-November, and a couple of 2012 November weekends!! are already filled at the Bed and Breakfast with
|Ahhh, No Room at Award Winning Inn! |
Guests are thrilled, me less so, with the occaisonal appearance of this young bear. For the last eight weeks, he has been in hibernation, which makes me happy, happy, happy!
What did thrill me was winning a Blount County Chamber of Commerce Award. Five Businesses with Under Five Employees were honored for meeting six different criteria including Exceptional Customer Service. My thanks go to those guests who nominated Gracehill and our great local Chamber!
You Can Never Have Enough Chocolate!
Okay, if you are allergic you have my sympathy, for the rest of us, these Chocolate Truffles are easy to make and only take three to four ingredients! The English Toffee recipe is the best I have ever made. The trick for toffee or caramels, for that matter, to turn out, is to make them while it is NOT raining! For all our website recipes click here!
Gracehill Bed & Breakfast
1169 Little Round Top Way
Townsend, TN 37882
toll free (866) 448-3070
Follow us on
Complete class listing of the Smoky Mountain Field School
- Feb 3-5 Townsend, Winter Heritage Festival
- Mar 14-17 Pigeon Forge, Mountain Quilt Fest
- Mar 16-17 Townsend Visitor Center, Fiber Arts Festival
- Mar 23-25 Maryville College,Quilters Guild Show
- April 4-7Gatlinburg Convention Center Easter Arts and Crafts Show
- April 7 Townsend Visitor Center Herb and Wildflower Day
- April 7-8 Pigeon Forge, Smoky Mountain Trout Tournament
- April 12, Pigeon Forge, Country Tonite, Merle Haggard in Concert
- April 20-21 Maryville, Spring Arts & Crafts Show Foothills Mall
- April 20 Townsend, Music of the Mountains concert by The Good Thymes Ceilidh Band
- April 25-29 Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg 62nd Wildflower Pilgrimage
- May 4-5 Townsend 20th Annual Spring Festival
- May 5 Cades Cove, Old Timers Day
- May 5 Townsend, Heritage Center Quilters Road Show
- May 5 Gatlinburg, Cinco De Mayo Festival
- May 11 Townsend, Blount British Car Show, Talley-Ho
- May11-12 Alcoa, New Midland Plaza Art and Craft Fair
- May 11th Pigeon Forge,Dolly Parton Homecoming Parade 6PM
- May 18-20 Townsend Visitor Center, Trout Fest
- May 18-20 Maryville Scottish Highland Games
- May 18-19 Townsend Studebaker Show
- May 25 Townsend Knoxville Symphony at the GSMHeritageCntr
- Click Here for our Complete 2012 Website Calendar