Final Turn-In Day is Thursday, September 20
The magazine drive is a wonderful opportunity to support our school--and your family and friends can enjoy great magazines and gifts too! The final turn-in date is Thursday, September 20, and the FPA is hoping every family turns in the magic number of seven orders!
Fairmont Family Fall Festival
September 28, 2012
The Fall Festival is a blast! There are rides and food and games, and everyone has such a fun time seeing their friends, teachers and classmates. Discounted pre-sale tickets are available right now...print out the attached link and drop it into the FPA mail box in the front hallway. There will be great food, funnel cake, cake walks, entertainment...just a great evening to spend with your family!
Emergency Cards-We Need Your Help!
If you have not already done so, please send in your student's emergency card. It is very important that we have this information on file for your student. Thank you for your timely response to this request.
Shadow Days at Fairmont Prep
This month, our 8th graders are invited to participate in a special Shadow Day opportunity at Fairmont Preparatory Academy! Shadow Days help our 8th graders prepare for high school by experiencing a day in the life of a Fairmont Prep student. On your student's scheduled Shadow Day, you will drop him or her off at Fairmont Prep at 7:45am. Then your student will participate in a full day of classes at Fairmont Prep accompanied by a classmate with similar interests and a trained Fairmont Prep Student Ambassador. You are encouraged to stay after drop-off and have a personally guided tour around the Fairmont Prep campus with Admissions Director Christine Steele. She will be happy to answer any of your questions. At the end of the day, you may return and pick up your student Fairmont Prep at 2:35pm.
The dates of your student's visit will be organized by his or her junior high. They will send you notice of the original date scheduled for your student. You will be able to make adjustments directly with the junior high. Our 8th graders will hear more information and have the chance to register for Shadow Days in their homerooms. Please encourage them to take advantage of this unique opportunity!
The Fairmont Five: Beat the Back to School Blues
Whether you're a Kindergartner, a high school senior, a teacher, or a parent...back-to-school can be a tough time. Transitioning out of the relaxed summer schedule is overwhelming--not to mention turning your brain up to full power every day! Without the proper preparation and planning, the back-to-school blues can set in pretty fast. But never fear, you can help kick off a blues-free school year with these five easy steps.
1. Plan ahead for the morning rush. We all know mornings are the roughest. Even if you're a morning person, juggling breakfasts and showers and braids and ironing is enough to push you over the edge. So take some time the night before to make sure every preparation has been made--have your child lay out his or her outfit for the next day (including shoes and accessories) before bed time. Make sure completed homework and signed permissions slips have been neatly tucked away in your child's backpack. Know what you're making for breakfast and packing for lunch--and stick to the plan.
2. Transition into the school routine. A couple weeks before school starts, begin to work back to your school bed times and wake-up times. For the little ones, make this transition fun by saying "we're going to start practicing for school!" Remind kids and teens that getting enough sleep really does make you smarter and happier at school--it's scientific fact! Build the back-to-school excitement with school supply shopping, "classroom" playtime themes, bedtime stories about school, etc.
3. Start a unique goodbye ritual. For younger children (and maybe for you), one of the toughest parts about going back to school is saying goodbye. Instead of making goodbyes something to dread, make them special by coming up with a fun goodbye ritual that is unique to you and your kids. It could be a made-up handshake (think Parent Trap) or a whistle or a special hug. Ask your kids for their input and create a unique daily tradition that will make you both smile.
4. Send a little love. No matter how old your child is, a heartfelt note or compliment or gesture never goes unnoticed. Sending a surprise post-it note message in your child's lunchbox or cutting his or her sandwich in a special shape or even just suggesting a spontaneous after-school ice cream date is a great reminder of how much you care. And the best part? Thinking up these little surprises will help you stay positive amid the back-to-school stress.
5. Create a homework zone. Organized, designated study spaces are key to student success when it comes to homework. Be mindful about providing desk or table space for each child where he or she can work successfully. Some children like privacy, others like background noise, so pay attention to how and where each child works best and create learning spaces accordingly. Set up a routine of checking student's planners and class agendas daily or weekly to make sure assignments are being completed on time. Encourage students to share their homework with you and show you what they've learned.
We wish all our Fairmont families a wonderful, blues-free back-to-school season!Article from An Apple A Day, the official Fairmont Schools blog.
Tri-Way Volleyball defeated TVT 25-5, 25-6
Tri-Way Football defeated TVT 12-6
Next week's schedule:
Monday, September 17
Tri-Way Football/Volleyball @ Calvary 3:15pm
Wednesday, September 19
Tri-Way Football/Volleyball vs Mission Hills 3:00pm
DSL Football ONLY vs Mission Hills 4:00pm
Tri-Way Football/Volleyball Schedule
DSL Football/Volleyball Schedule
Coach Marcus Arias
Coach Marcus Arias
Coach Wes Faust
Coach Keegan Lewis
Dates to Know
Monday, September 17
Tri-Way Football/Volleyball at Calvary at 3:00pm
Wednesday, September 19
-Tri-Way Football/Volleyball vs Mission Hills at 3:00pm
-DSL Football/Volleyball vs Mission Hills at 4:00pm
Thursday, September 20
-Room Parent Breakfast at 8:45am in MPR
-Magazine Drive Final Turn-In Day
Friday, September 21
Fairmont Prep Family Night Pep Rally at 9:50am