Primex Plastics is proud to announce its
New PETG Extrusion Line
Primex Plastics has recently added another PETG extrusion line at our Richmond, Indiana facility. The addition of our new line affords us the ability to produce a targeted two-week lead time, as well as run a combination of both thin and thick gauges. Specific details on PETG and Primex's extrusion capabilities are as follows:
- Extrude gauges of .012" - .236", up to 58" wide, in sheet or roll stock.
- Run custom colors, and one side matte texture for orders of ≥10,000 lbs
PETG provides excellent clarity, outstanding toughness, chemical resistance, is cold formable without stress whitening, is machinable, has excellent thermoforming characteristics, and can be sealed with adhesives.
Applications for PETG include but are not limited to: point of purchase displays, store fixtures, indoor and outdoor signs, vending machine parts, and industrial, building, and architectural components.
Primex PETG materials offered are:
- Prime PETG 14471 - General purpose PETG suitable for forming or printing
- Prime PETG 5500 Utility - Utility grade PETG sheet
Some basic physical properties of PETG include:
- Flexural Modulus of 310,000 psi
- Heat Deflection Temperature of 157 °F
- Izod Impact @ 73 °F of 1.7 ft-lb/in
Techniques for fabricating and finishing PETG include cold & hot bending, sawing, drilling, punching, shearing and die cutting. Saw edges can be mechanically, flame or solvent polished. PETG can be painted, hot stamped, and is easy to bond with commercial products.
For further information, please contact your Territory Business Manager or
Primex Inside Sales at 1-800-222-5116.