We are in our planning stages for our Annual Green Spring Fling Dinner here on the Farm on April 22. We are going to have a meeting to plan the dinner menu, any help would be appreciated. It takes a lot of work to get the farm ready so if you would like to volunteer to help with that or the actual event please let us know. Mark the date and plan on bringing your families out to the farm for a great day from 2pm -6 pm! More details to follow. Respond to this email to RSVP to the dinner and to volunteer.
In Your Box
Planned Produce for Box
- Swiss Chard
- Springs Onions/Leeks
- Purple Mizuna
- Fruit Shares~ Strawberries
- You will receive a combination of nine of the ten veggies from list above and strawberries this week
Our pigs are growing and we need to make room for them so we are marking prices down on our pork and beef selections so take advantage of the savings. We have fed them a diet consisting of mostly TaylOrganic produce.
|PORK|| || |
|Chops||2 lbs||sold out |
|Cubed Ham||1 lb||sold out |
|Fat||2-3 lbs||$3.75 |
|Ground Pork||1 lb||$6.00 |
|Ham Hock||1 lb||$2.00 |
|Ham Roast||5 lb||$7.00 |
|Ham Steaks||1.5 lbs||sold out |
|Mild Sausage||1 lb||$4.00 |
|Hot Sausage||1 lb||$4.00 |
|Jowls||1 lb||$3.00 |
|Neck Bones||2 lbs||$3.00 |
|Ribs||2-3 lbs||$6.00 |
|Shoulder Roast||2-2.5 lbs||$6.00 |
|Shoulder Steak||2 lbs||$6.00 |
|Tenderloin||1 lb||sold out |
|BEEF|| || |
|Ground Beef||1 lb||$5.00 |
|Rib Eye Steak||1-1.5 lbs||$11.00 |
|Sirloin Steak||1-1.75 lbs||$7.00 |
|T-Bone Steak||1.35 lbs||$11.00 |
|Chuck Roast||2-2.5 lbs||$6.00 |
|Top Round Roast||3.72 lb||$8.00 |
Did you know at the
TaylOrganic Farm Mini Markets you can-
- Buy fruits and veggies by the pound
- Change your CSA drop off location and customize your box
- Buy any of our Value Added Items plus additional items we may have found from local sources
- These markets are open to the public!!
1100 Clairmont Ave.
Decatur, GA 30030
1160 Moores Mill Rd NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
First and Third Tuesdays
You do not have to be a member of the YMCA
to come shop at the market.
Table One Restaurant
One Atlantic Center
1201 West Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309
Home Grown Recipes
and Leek Croquettes
Photo by: Photo: Johnny Autry and Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr and Leigh Ann Ross
For a vegetarian option that's low in calories, try these crispy, pan-fried potato and mushroom croquettes.
8 ounces coarsely chopped peeled Yukon gold potato
8 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped leek
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyere cheese
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 large egg yolk
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg white
2 teaspoons water
1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Place potato in a pan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 8 minutes or until tender. Drain. Press potato through a ricer or food mill into a bowl.
2. Place mushrooms, leek, and thyme in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushroom mixture; cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mixture to potato. Add Gruyère, 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano, salt, pepper, and egg yolk; stir until blended. Shape mixture into 8 (2-inch) round patties.
3. Place flour in a shallow dish. Combine egg white and 2 teaspoons water in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano and panko in a shallow dish. Dredge patties in flour. Dip in egg mixture; dredge in panko mixture. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add patties; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
As a reminder, please send any skips,orders or special request to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday evening before the requested date. We will send a response on Monday afternoon to let you know we received a skip request.
As always Thanks for your continued support with our CSA program here at TaylOrganic Farm.
Neil Taylor and Laurie Ann