~~This week there will be Frozen Blueberries for the Fruit portion of Veggie shares. Plan accordingly and don't forget to pick your bag of Blueberries with your label out of the cooler.
In Your Box
We plan what we are going to pick for your box. You will get 10 of the items below consisting of 9 Veggies and one fruit. Sometimes we may have to substitute an item because of bugs, frost or just not enough available. We are giving you a list of what we are planning for your box and what is growing and available that may be possible substitutes for your box. In Addition anything we are presently growing can be added to your box at market prices.
Planned Produce for Box
- Chinese Cabbage
- Braising Mix of Greens
- Spring Onions
- Watermelon Radish
- Jerusalem Artichokes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Frozen Blueberries
- Fruit Shares~Pecans
Did you know?
We are at the Decatur YMCA every Thurday
selling Veggies and Fruits by the pound.
What is in Season on the Farm
and Market Prices
Please email us for extra produce to be delivered in
your weekly CSA box or stop by the YMCA
|Arugula||$3.00 /.25 #bunch|
|Broccoli Crowns and Leaves||$4.00/lb|
|Mustard~Scarlet Frill, ||$3.00/bunch|
Home Grown Recipes
- 2 pounds Jerusalem artichokes, scrubbed and sliced 1/3-inch thick
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, diced
- 6 large cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups mushroom broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 cup soy milk (optional)
Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Toss the Jerusalem artichokes, potatoes, and garlic with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large bowl; season with sea salt and black pepper. Spread the mixture into a baking dish. Toss the mushrooms with another tablespoon of olive oil in a separate bowl; spread into a separate baking dish.
- Bake the potato mixture in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Place the mushrooms in the oven and continue baking until the potatoes are soft and slightly browned, about 25 minutes more. Remove both dishes from the oven and set aside.
- Melt the vegan margarine in a large stock pot over medium-low heat; cook the onion in the margarine until completely soft, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir the roasted potato mixture and the mushrooms into the onions, along with 1 teaspoon sea salt and the water; allow the mixture to come to a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir the mushroom broth and sage into the mixture. Place a cover on the stock pot and cook to allow the flavors to blend, about 20 minutes.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly before pouring in batches into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway. Hold the lid firmly with a folded kitchen towel and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree; transfer blended batches to a clean pot. Alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the soup in the pot. Stir the soy milk, if using, into the finished bisque to serve.
Please email us with any special request. You can get extras of anything we include in your box .
As a reminder, please send any skips,orders or special request to email@example.com
by Saturday evening before the requested date. We will send a response on Monday afternoon to let you know we received a skip request.
As always Thanks for your continued support with our CSA program here at TaylOrganic Farm.
Neil Taylor and Laurie Ann