Frozen Blueberries this week for Fruit shares and Fruit portion of Veggie shares. Plan accordingly and don't forget to pick your bag of Blueberries with your label out of the cooler.
In Your Box
We plan what we are going to pick for your box. You will get 10 of the items below consisting of 9 Veggies and one fruit. Sometimes we may have to substitute an item because of bugs, frost or just not enough available. We are giving you a list of what we are planning for your box and what is growing and available that may be possible substitutes for your box. In Addition anything we are presently growing can be added to your box at market prices.
Planned Produce for Box
- Bok or Pok Choi
- Spring Onions
- Sweet Potato
- Frozen Blueberries
- Fruit Shares~Frozen Blueberries
What is in Season on the Farm and Market PricesArugula $3.00/ quarter lbArtichokes $5.oo/lbBeet Roots and Greens $3.00/bunchBoc Choy $4.00/headBroccoli~Crowns, Sprouts and Leaves $4.00/lbCabbage $2.00/lbCarrots $2.50/bunchCauliflower $4.00/lbChicory~Endive or Escarole $4.00/lbCilantro$3.00/bunchGreens~~Braising Mix $4.00/ half lb bag~Collards $4.00/lb~Swiss Chard $3.00/bunch~Kale~Lacinato, Siberian and Red Russian $4.00/bunch~Red Frilly Mustard $3.00/ bunchVarious Fresh Herbs~Mint,Chocolate Mint, Sage, Thyme, Lemon Thyme, Rosemary $3.00/3 ozMushrooms~Shitake $5.50/quarter lbOnions~Spring $2.00/bunchParsley $3.00/bunchParsnips $2.50/bunchPoc Choi $4.00/headRadish $2.50/bunchSorrell $4.00/bunchSweet Potato $2.00/lbTurnip Roots and Greens $4.00/ bunchWinter Squash~Acorn, Butternut, Carnival, Delicata $2.00/lbPecans $5.00/pint in shell~$10.00/ 12 oz bag ShelledCitrus~All is 5/$3.00~Tangerines and Orangesexcept Cuties~8/ $3.00 and Grapefruit $1.00 eachApples~All are 5/$3.00
Home Grown Recipes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cups quick-cooking barley
- 1 32-ounce jar Country Red or Heirloom tomatoes, drained easily
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 8 cups torn green leaves(your choice of mustard, swiss chard,spinach, kale or collards)
- 2 ounces Taleggio or Brie (rind removed), cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the barley, tomatoes, wine, and 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the barley is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add the mustard greens, Taleggio, and ¼ cup of the Parmesan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Divide among bowls and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of Parmesan.
Please email us with any special request. You can get extras of anything we include in your box .
As a reminder, please send any skips,orders or special request to email@example.com
by Saturday evening before the requested date. We will send a response on Monday afternoon to let you know we received a skip request.
As always Thanks for your continued support with our CSA program here at TaylOrganic Farm.
Neil Taylor and Laurie Ann