Frozen Blueberries this week for Fruit shares and Fruit portion of Veggie shares. Plan accordingly and don't forget to pick your bag of Blueberries with your label out of the cooler.
In Your Box
We plan what we are going to pick for your box. You will get 10 of the items below consisting of 9 Veggies and one fruit. Sometimes we may have to substitute an item because of bugs, frost or just not enough available. We are giving you a list of what we are planning for your box and what is growing and available that may be possible substitutes for your box. In Addition anything we are presently growing can be added to your box at market prices.
Planned Produce for Box
- Bok or Pok Choi
- Spring Onions
- Winter Squash~Butternut or Carnival
- Sweet Potato
- Jerusalem Artichokes
- Frozen Blueberries
- Fruit Shares~Frozen Blueberries
What is in Season on the Farm and Market PricesArugula $3.00/ quarter lbArtichokes $5.oo/lbBeet Roots and Greens $3.00/bunchBoc Choy $4.00/headBroccoli~Crowns, Sprouts and Leaves $4.00/lbCabbage $2.00/lbCarrots $2.50/bunchCauliflower $4.00/lbChicory~Endive or Escarole $4.00/lbCilantro$3.00/bunchGreens~~Braising Mix $4.00/ half lb bag~Collards $4.00/lb~Swiss Chard $3.00/bunch~Kale~Lacinato, Siberian and Red Russian $4.00/bunch~Red Frilly Mustard $3.00/ bunchVarious Fresh Herbs~Mint,Chocolate Mint, Sage, Thyme, Lemon Thyme, Rosemary $3.00/3 ozMushrooms~Shitake $5.50/quarter lbOnions~Spring $2.00/bunchParsley $3.00/bunchParsnips $2.50/bunchPoc Choi $4.00/headRadish $2.50/bunchSorrell $4.00/bunchSweet Potato $2.00/lbTurnip Roots and Greens $4.00/ bunchWinter Squash~Acorn, Butternut, Carnival, Delicata $2.00/lbPecans $5.00/pint in shell~$10.00/ 12 oz bag ShelledCitrus~All is 5/$3.00~Tangerines and Orangesexcept Cuties~8/ $3.00 and Grapefruit $1.00 eachApples~All are 5/$3.00
Home Grown Recipes
- 3 cups rice
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- kosher salt
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, place the squash in a saucepan, cover with water, and boil until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring, until they're scrambled. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and the onion to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the squash, rice, edamame, and ½ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring gently, until heated through and all the liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the scallions and eggs, toss, and serve.
Please email us with any special request. You can get extras of anything we include in your box .
As a reminder, please send any skips,orders or special request to email@example.com
by Saturday evening before the requested date. We will send a response on Monday afternoon to let you know we received a skip request.
As always Thanks for your continued support with our CSA program here at TaylOrganic Farm.
Neil Taylor and Laurie Ann