In Your Box
- Sweet Peppers
- Hot Peppers
- ~Purple Mizuna
- ~Red Frilly Mustard
- ~Red Russian Kale
- ~Siberian Kale
- ~Lacinato Kale
- Haikuri Turnip Roots
- Jerusalem Artichokes
- Winter Squash~Delicata
- Sweet Potato
Please note a selection of 9 Veggies above plus one fruit will come in all CSA Boxes
Home Grown Recipes
1 large Delicata squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
3 tablespoons butter, divided
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups water
2 shallots, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange the squash halves cut side up in a baking dish. Fill dish with about 1/4 inch water. Place 1 tablespoon butter on each half, and season halves with salt and pepper. Cover dish, and bake squash 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until very tender.
- Place quinoa in a pot with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in shallots and garlic, and cook until tender. Stir in pine nuts, and cook until golden. Gently mix into the pot with the cooked quinoa.
- Cut the squash halves in half, and fill each quarter with the quinoa mixture. Serve each stuffed squash quarter on a bed of the remaining quinoa mixture.
You can see that there have been some new items like kohlrabi, parsnips, carrots and Jerusalem artichokes have been added to the list and some have been dropped. We are constantly changing here at the farm. This will be the last week for peppers and we can say goodbye to the eggplant, okra and field peas. Now who just had a sigh of relief! I know many of you will be wanting that eggplant before next summer.
Please email us with any special request. You can get extras of anything we include in your box so you can put them up for the winter. You can blanch the vegetables and freeze them. Look for an article in September's newsletter. You can find this on our website in the archived newsletters.
As a reminder, please send any skips,orders or special request to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Saturday evening before the requested date. We will send a response on Monday afternoon to let you know we received a skip request.
As always Thanks for your continued support with our CSA program here at TaylOrganic Farm.
Neil Taylor and Laurie Ann