A professional residential landscape designer's goal is to listen to the frustration of a potential client and help them identify what the real problems are in their landscape. Here is a check list of the most common problems found on the site by a professional landscape designer.
1. "The right plant for the right spot" has not been implemented. The future size of the plant at maturity has been ignored. Tree forms have been planted too close to the house and there is little depth and color interest in the plantings around the house.
2. Proper drainage and grading has been ignored, causing water problems both inside the house and outside the house.
3. The house does not connect or marry the site through lack of plants, trees, fencing or other structures, such as pergolas and arbors.
4. There is a lack of definition to the front door or secondary entrance and the confusion of where to park the car and where to enter the house.
5. A lack of outdoor sitting space and also the lack of outdoor private space.
6. Too many different elements in the landscape create discord and uneasiness. Examples of this would be too many different types of building materials, such as brick, asphalt, concrete, stone and bluestone all found on the same site.
7. The overwhelming dominance of the automobile in front of the house. In many cases, the asphalt/auto become the most visible and most important feature in the landscape.
These are just some of the things we consider when providing landscape design. For more information, please call us at 781.729.1719 or email us at email@example.com