Supercharge your LinkedIn Profile-5 Tips
Many of us have our profiles posted on LinkedIn, but how many of us put our profiles to good career-development use?
These quick tips will make your profile work harder for you.
1. Publish three (not more) references. One reference should contain comments from someone who was in charge of your performance evaluation.
2. Describe yourself in keywords in your profile summary.
Keywords help your profile show up in employee recruitment and networking searches.
3. Build your network thoughtfully.
Your contacts should include 1) One from someone with authority over your performance appraisal. 2) One from a successful project team colleague 3) One from a customer, external or internal.
4. Join groups and participate in discussions intelligently
When you post a discussion or comment on a discussion, make your content brief but substantive.
5. Steer clear of canned messages
"I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn" is meant as sample content. Write your own brief content.
These tips are provided in one page with details and examples here.