Like I said, I've been traveling a bit and am on the go throughout the day so it's important to keep eating well while on the run!
Even when I'm on the go, I try to make sure I'm eating foods that will keep my blood sugar balanced and my energy high.
Having a cooler with me is essential. You can buy a simple one anywhere and Target has some cute ones so you can eat well in style. If I'm flying somewhere, I also bring my cooler. You can bring ice packs on the plane but I've also brought big freezer size ziplock bags with me and filled them up with ice at Starbucks.
Some of the things I like to carry with me are
- hardboiled eggs (Trader Joe's even carries free range hardboiled eggs in a bag - easy!!)
- fruits - apples, oranges, berries
- pre-cooked chicken sausages
- raw nuts
- Larabars (just fruit and nuts in the ingredients)
- GoodonYa Bar (made in San Diego from only good ingredients)
- this requires a little more assembly but take a can of wild Alaskan salmon (skinless and boneless) and mash it up with a whole avocado - grab some seaweed and scoop the salmon/avocado mixture into it
- leftovers - I've been known to make a HUGE serving of my pasta sauce below and put it into a bunch of Pyrex containers and eat that over the course of a weekend
Do you have any snacks/meals you like to carry with you?