|Dear Friends, |
Thanks to you, our campaign is off to an incredible start. Here's a quick summary of our campaign activity to date:
- Election Day (8.24.10) is 147 days from today.
- Grassroots outreach is in progress to the nearly 600,000 Pinellas voters.
- Regularly speaking with community organizations about their concerns.
- +660 Facebook fans from your online networking efforts.
- +$15,000 in contributions from +100 individual contributors raised through your generous donations and outreach to your friends and family.
- Two candidates have dropped out of the race, leaving us with one opponent at present.
Will you help us win?
Midnight tonight is the deadline if you would like to make a donation and appear on our first public financial supporters report. If you could make even a $1 contribution, that would help our campaign greatly. We need your help to make sure we can run an effective advertising campaign to nearly 600,000 Pinellas County voters. Your donation today of $1 or more will help us show that we are ready to win the August 24th election. If you have the means to donate more, you are allowed to contribute up to $500 per individual or company. You may contribute online
or by mailing your donation to: Terry Krassner Campaign, 11767 92nd Way N, Largo, FL 33773. Why does the school board matter?
What results are needed?
- $1.5-billion annual budget (that's your tax dollars)
- 17,000 school district employees (largest employer in Pinellas)
- 105,000 students (our children and our future workforce)
- Maximum Student Safety.
- Students Prepared for Jobs of the Future.
- High School Graduation Rate Improved.
- Student Achievement Gap Closed.
What kind of leadership would achieve results? As policy proposals are debated that would massively transform public education, it is important that policymakers bring educators and all stakeholders to the table. The education reforms that come out of Washington and Tallahassee should seek to boost morale of our teachers and school personnel so that they are highly motivated to deliver the best results for our children. We need leaders who know how to listen, build consensus, strengthen teams and create a more positive learning environment. As someone seeking to be your representative on the school board, I view the job as one where I am responsible for contributing to the overall success of our children, teachers and schools. Now is the time for seasoned, experienced leadership to advise and work in collaboration with our Superintendent and school personnel as well as our entire community on critical policy directions so that Pinellas schools leverage any policy changes for the highest possible success of our students. I welcome your input and feedback on the numerous public policy changes being considered for public education. Read about many of them here.
Thank you for your support!
P.S. Be sure to mark your calendar for the August 24, 2010 election, which is only 147 days from tomorrow. Want to have your Pinellas ballot mailed to your home? Just call (727) 464-6788 or click here.
Support Terry on Facebook