2012 Upcoming Events
- The Northwoods Knitters & Purlers sponsors Cheryl Oberle teaching her new design The "NAZO" Vest in miniature. The class will be held on September 5th, 2012 at the Woodruff Community Center. More details can be found on their Ravelry group! The shop will be closed for the day.
Liz will be at the following:
What's New in the Shop?
We have a bunch of new products in:
Classes and Workshops
- September 11, Tuesday, 10 to noon. Toe-up Socks Cast On by Claire Pagel. Come and learn this interesting and fun knitting technique. During the class you will learn how to cast on seamlessly to move smoothly into knitting two at once with the Magic Loop technique. Materials list will be provided at registration.
- September 11, Tuesday, 1-3 pm. Simple Cables. Like cables but have been afraid to try, this is your class. Claire will guide you through the steps of cable knitting using her cable Sweater Dishcloth pattern. Materials list will be provided at registration.
- September 17, Monday, 10 to Noon. Hug Your Stuff Tote. This is a two color bag knit with interlocking pieces that are knit flat and sewed together before felting. Materials list and prep work will be provided at registration.
- September 17, Monday, 1 to 3 pm. Intarsia Sheep Bag. This cute little purse/bag will use the intarsia technique to knit a little sheep on the front of the purse. Materials list and prep work will be provided at registration.
- September 18, Tuesday, 10 to noon. Beginning Crochet. You've wanted to crochet but don't know where to start - this is your opportunity! Learn the basics of crochet by making a useful if not perfect dishcloth. No experience needed. Materials list will be provided at registration.
- September 18, Tuesday, 1-3 pm. Crochet Mittens. In this class we will explore how to crochet mittens to fit any size hand using any weight yarn using three simple stitches. We will discuss how to change the hook size and circumference of a mitten to fit any hand with any yarn. We will start mittens in an average womans size using a worsted weight yarn and get to a point where you can easily finish later. Materials list will be provided at registration. (Closed)
- September 25, Tuesday, 10 to Noon. Fix-It Class. How to fix dropping one cable and re-knitting it and Kitchener stitch basics are among the topics to be covered. Materials list and necessary prep work will be provided at registration.
If there is a topic you're interested in please send us a class suggestion. Pre-registration is required for all classes. All supplies are available at the shop. Students receive 10% off supplies. The fee for workshops and/or classes is $10/session unless otherwise stated.
Individual or group classes can always be arranged at a time to accommodate your schedule. Fee is $10/person per session.
|Joe's Puzzle of the Month|
The letters in the two words 'new door' can be rearranged to make one word. Can you do it?
The first person who emails back the correct answer will receive a certificate for 15% off of one item. Once the first correct answer comes in, we will post it in our Ravelry group