2012 Show Schedule
Liz will be at the following shows:
What's New in the Shop?
We have a bunch of new products in:
New magazines from Interweave Press:
- Knits Spring 2012
- Knitting Traditions Winter 2012
- knitscene Summer 2012
- Spin-off Spring 2012
Fortissima Cotton Stretch - 4 Ply Sock Yarn - 7 Solid Heathered Colors in Garden Tones - 41% Superwash Wool, 39% Cotton, 13% Nylon and 7% Lycra.
Mohair Lady from Schoppel Wolle -Sport Weight - Beautiful Variegated Colors - 200 meters/50 grams - 80% Mohair and 20% Nylon.
Now carrying Shetland and Shetland/Ramboulliet Yarn from Claypipe Homestead, Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin. At the Claypipe Homestead you can visit the sheep that grow the wool.
New knitting pattern from Ravenswood Knit Designs: "Off The Cuff Thrummed Mittens" by Liz Sutter. This pattern teaches you how to knit a pair of mittens starting with the cuff.
Classes and Workshops
- May 14, Monday, 1 to 3 pm. Intarsia Sheep Bag taught by Cathy Benecke. This cute little purse/bag will use the intarsia technique to knit a little sheep on the front of the purse. Materials list and prep work will be provided at registration.
- May 15, Tuesday, 10 to noon. Toe-up Socks Cast On by Claire Pagel. Come and learn this interesting and fun knitting technique. During the class you will learn how to cast on seamlessly to move smoothly into knitting two at once with the Magic Loop technique. Materials list will be provided at registration.
- May 15,Tuesday, 1 to 3 pm. Fix-It Class. How to fix dropping one cable and reknitting it and kitchner stitch basics are among the topics to be covered. Materials list and necessary prep work will be provided at registration.
- May 21, Monday, 10 to noon. Simple Cables. Like cables but have been afraid to try, this is your class. Claire will guide you through the steps of cable knitting using her cable Sweater Dishcloth pattern. Materials list will be provided at registration.
- June 4, Monday - 10 to noon. Beginning Crochet. You've wanted to crochet but don't know where to start - this is your opportunity! Learn the basics of crochet by making a useful if not perfect dishcloth. No experience needed. Materials list will be provided at registration.
- June 4, Monday, 1-3 pm. Crochet Mittens. In this class we will explore how to crochet mittens to fit any size hand using any weight yarn using three simple stitches. We will discuss how to change the hook size and circumference of a mitten to fit any hand with any yarn. We will start mittens in an average womans size using a worsted weight yarn and get to a point where you can easily finish later. Materials list will be provided at registration.
- Monday, June 18, 10 to Noon. We will be starting our shop knit-a-long the Saturday Morning Jacket pattern by Chris Bylsma. This would look great in Green Bay Packers team colors!
If there is a topic you're interested in please send us a class suggestion. Pre-registration is required for all classes. All supplies are available at the shop. Students receive 10% off supplies. The fee for workshops and/or classes is $10/session unless otherwise stated.
Individual or group classes can always be arranged at a time to accommodate your schedule. Fee is $10/person per session.
The first person who emails back the correct answer will receive a certificate for 15% off of one item. Once the first correct answer comes in, we will post it in our Ravelry group
What is the sentence that can be made out of this?