2012 Show Schedule
Liz will be at the following shows:
What's New in the Shop?
We have a bunch of new products in:
- Interweave Knits Spring 2012
- New pattern & kit from Ravenswood Knit Designs: "Molly's Winter Outfit"! A cute pattern for a matching hat, scarf and mittens to fit an 18" doll.
- Fortissima Mexiko Cotton Stretch sock yarn. A wonderful blend of superwash wool/cotton/nylon/polyester that's great for summer socks. 8 self striping colors available!
- Five Oaks Farms alpaca yarn in worsted & sport weight. This lovely yarn is soft and great to work with. Each color bears the name of the alpaca it came from. The yarn is spun at the mill in Argyle, WI.
Classes and Workshops
- April 2, Monday, 10 to noon. Toe-up Socks Cast On by Claire Pagel. Come and learn this interesting and fun knitting technique. During the class you will learn how to cast on seamlessly to move smoothly into knitting two at once with the Magic Loop technique. Materials list will be provided at registration.
- April 10, Tuesday, 10 to noon. Simple Cables. Like cables but have been afraid to try, this is your class. Claire will guide you through the steps of cable knitting using her cable Sweater Dishcloth pattern. Materials list will be provided at registration.
- April 17, Tuesday - 1-3 pm. Beginning Crochet. You've wanted to crochet but don't know where to start - this is your opportunity! Learn the basics of crochet by making a useful if not perfect dishcloth. No experience needed. Materials list will be provided at registration.
- April 23, Monday, 12:30-2:30 pm. Intarsia Sheep Bag taught by Cathy Benecke. This cute little purse/bag will use the intarsia technique to knit a little sheep on the front of the purse. Materials list and prep work will be provided at registration.
- April 24,Tuesday, 10 to noon. Fix-It Class. How to fix dropping one cable and reknitting it and kitchner stitch basics are among the topics to be covered. Materials list and necessary prep work will be provided at registration.
- April 30, Monday, 1-3 pm. Crochet Mittens. In this class we will explore how to crochet mittens to fit any size hand using any weight yarn using three simple stitches. We will discuss how to change the hook size and circumference of a mitten to fit any hand with any yarn. We will start mittens in an average womans size using a worsted weight yarn and get to a point where you can easily finish later. Materials list will be provided at registration.
If there is a topic you're interested in please send us a class suggestion. Pre-registration is required for all classes. All supplies are available at the shop. Students receive 10% off supplies. The fee for workshops and/or classes is $10/session unless otherwise stated.
Individual or group classes can always be arranged at a time to accommodate your schedule. Fee is $10/person per session.
This is a new feature that started last month! The first person who emails back the correct answer will receive a certificate for 15% off of one item. Once the first correct answer comes in, we will post it in our Ravelry group
What is the answer to this puzzle?
Dorothy loves do.
Rina loves re.
Farelina loves fa.
Soledad loves so.
Lara loves la.
Tina loves ti.