We have enhanced our book inventory with three new books from Interweave Press:
- "Adorn Your Knitting" from best selling author and knitwear designer, Louisa Harding. Learn a variety of unique and creative ways to bring big appeal to your knitting using only the tiniest of elements.
- "The Beaded Edge" form Midori Nishida/CRK Designs contains inspired designs for crocheted edgings and trims. This is a very beautiful book.
- Make adorable and wearable garments for the little ones in your life with "Baby Blueprint Crochet" by Robyn Chacula.
Classes and Workshops ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pre-registration is required for all classes. All supplies are available at the shop. Students receive 10% off supplies. The fee for workshops and lessons is $10/session unless otherwise stated.
No classes have been scheduled for January, but remember you can come in for help whenever you need it; or, schedule a private lesson anytime...
|Up Coming Fiber Friendly Events and Shop Notices
Sutter's Annual Inventory Sale is going on now. The last day for the sale will be Friday, January 14, 2011!
- 15% off all inventory including notions, patterns, yarn, etc. unless otherwise bigger discount.
- 30% off wool and wool blends,
- 30% off mohair and mohair blends.
- 70% off a few selected yarns.
I'll be teaching a class, "Socks 2 at a Time" at Knit 1 Chicago
, a yarn shop on the north side of Chicago on Monday, January 17. Contact the Knit 1 Chicago
if you are interested.
get inspiration and meet new friends. I am teaching at this retreat: Magical Knitting Beginnings I: Top Down Socks; Magical Knitting Beginnings II: Tips and Toes; and, Putting it Together. So come and enjoy.
Date: February 26-28, 2011
Time: Friday 3:00-5:00 PM to Sunday 1:00 PM
Contact: Kathy Krause
for flyers and to register for classes.
The Shop may be closed the last week or so in January. Joe and I have a new grandchild due to present herself then and Claire and Doug are going on vacation. So please check with us before you drive over. We do plan on keeping our regular store hours of Wed., Thurs., and Fri., 10:00 - 4:00 through the winter months.
Tip of the Month
You can never count your stitches too many times.
Remember- There are three kinds of people. Those who can count and those who cannot.
(Joe found this one on the internet. He hears me complain often that I miscounted.)