- OPAL - beautiful sock yarn from Germany that is 75% Schurwolle and 25%polyamid
- New sock yarn from Alpacas of Prairie Station is available in 2 weights. This is 85% US alpaca and 15% nylon. It feels heavenly.
- "Now & Zen" scarf yarn with free pattern. This is a thick and thin, 100% wool, bulky yarn that is hand spun, and hand dyed.
- Remix from Berroco. This is a worsted weight yarn that is all recycled fibers. It is 30% nylon, 27% cotton, 24% acrylic, 10% silk and 9% linen. We also have a new Remix pattern book.
- Houseblend from Argyle Fiber Mills. This worsted weight yarn is a unique blend of Icelandic wool, alpaca, and llama fibers. Perfect for a pair of warm mittens.
- We have increased our Blackberry Ridge inventory just in time to knit our new pattern from Sivia Harding Knit Design. Harmonia's Rings Cowl, which uses Cat Bordhi's Moebius cast on to achieve its mysterious spiral shape. It is worked from the center out in a self-pleating stitch pattern.
- We have also added many new colors of roving for Thrummed mittens.
- Buttons, Buttons Buttons, we have added many new buttons.
- Don't forget Annie's Woolens Christmas Stockings. We have many kits to choose from.
Classes and Workshops ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Pre-registration is required for all classes. All supplies are available at the shop. Students receive 10% off supplies.
Red Oak Designs presents North Woods Afghan - The next session will be Oct 18th from 9-11.
Headband Class - Headbands are quick and useful items to added to your Christmas knitting. In this class we will learn several methods for knitting headbands and how to size them. Tuesday, Oct 12th, from 1-3. Class fee $10.00 plus materials.
Toe Up Socks - This unique method is fun to learn. October 19th, 10 - noon. Teacher is Liz. Class fee $10.00 plus materials; you will need a 40" circular needle to match your yarn weight.
|Up Coming Fiber Friendly Events
One Last Hurrah (before snow) Knitting Retreat at Treehaven - in the woods between Tomahawk and Rhinlander.
November 12 to November 14, 2010
Sit and Knit and Visit
$140.00 Complete* (for double occupancy)
$190.00 Complete (for single occupancy)
Retreat starts at 1:00 pm (or as soon as you can arrive after that) on Friday
And ends about noon on Sunday
Retreat will be held at Treehaven (east of Tomahawk)If you or a friend would like to attend, please contact Nancy Elmer at email@example.com
. Fee includes five meals: dinner Friday, breakfast, lunch and dinner Saturday and breakfast Sunday.
Rooms are dorm style. Each room has its own bathroom.
|Tip of the Month
To avoid stress at Christmas time, all Holiday gift projects, even small, should be started by 1 November. Need and ideas, stop by and see us.