| ART IN THE SNOW|
Brandon's Winter Arts & Wine Festival
February 18 - 19, 2012
BEAT THE WINTER BLUES:
There is not much going on outside this winter. SO... Spend the weekend of Feb. 18 - 19 in Brandon and you will find lots to do. Forward on this email and invite over friends and family!
We can't guarantee snow but we can make sure everything is in place for you to have a great weekend!
Art in the Snow has many exciting parts and pieces: Almost two dozen Open Studios and Demos; the Wine Trail; Culinary Classes; A Wine-Pairing Dinner; Science Pub; Entertainment; and $50 in Brandon Bucks for the first 20 two-night-stay rooms booked at any of our participating lodging partners!
WINE EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
(go to website for details and to register):
- Wine-Pairing Dinner: Sat. evening, Deb. 18, at the Brandon Inn featuring the local wines of Neshobe River Winery. SEE ALL DETAILS BELOW. Advance registration requested.
- Science Pub: Vine to Wine: Sunday afternoon, Feb. 19 at the Brandon Inn. An Informal Chat about a grape's journey and the ecology of cork. Advance registration requested.
- The Wine Trail - Saturday, Feb. 18 from 11 am - 4 pm and Sunday, Feb. 19 from 12 noon - 4 pm. Listing below and details on website)
- Ten Rod Road playing Sat. night, Feb. 18, at 9:00 pm at the Center Street Bar. No cover. Cash bar
- Concert featuring Olivia Gawet accompanied by Rip Jackson on piano, Sun., Feb. 19 at 2:00 pm. Brandon Music. $10 fee fundraiser for Compass Music and Arts Center.
LEARN TO COOK:
- Crepe Making with Chef Robert. Registration requested.
- Mad for Macaroons with Judy Bunde. Registration requested.
- Shop at vermont kitchen supply
VISIT OPEN STUDIOS & DEMOS (no fee):
- Brandon Music
- Meg Brash
- Joan Curtis
- Karen Deets
- Barbara Ekedahl
- Robert Gold
- Lee Greenewalt
- Wendy Jennejahn
- Warren Kimble
- Debbie Kirby
- Jill Listzwan
- Mike Mayone
- Coliene Moore
- Judy Reilly
- Don Ross
- Patty Sgrecci
- Susan Smith-Hunter
- Vermont Fiber Mill & Studio
TAKE THE WINE TRAIL ($5 wine glass purchase):
- East Shore Vineyard at Brandon Artists Guild
- Eden Ice Cider at Carr's Florist & Gifts
- Lincoln Peak Vineyard at The Granary
- Neshobe River Winery at Tastes of the Valley
- Shoreham Winery at Gourmet Provence
JUST FOR FUN & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Visit with the Alpacas at Maple View Farm Alpacas (no fee)
- "Brandon Roadshow" at Antiques By The Falls - Verbal appraisals (no fee)
- Shopping at Blue Moon Clothing & Gifts
- Delicious lunch and dinner at Brandon House of Pizza
- Shopping at Shapiro's Dept. Store
STAY: TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY.
$50 in Brandon Bucks to be given to the first 20 two-night-stay rooms booked at any of these lodging partners (good for either Feb. 17 & 18 or Feb. 18. & 19)
- Brandon Inn
- Brandon Motor Lodge
- Inn on Park Street
- Old Mill Inn
- 12 Franklin Street
Art in the Snow offers an opportunity to experience Brandon in a whole new way. Art in the Snow is for life-long learners and the curious.
Follow this link for a list of weekend offering and event sponsors
Attention everyone! Chef Louis is Cooking!
In coordination with Brandon's Art In The Snow Weekend, Chef Louis of the Brandon Inn will be preparing a delicious dinner accompanied by Brandon's own local wines from the Neshobe River Winery in a wine-pairing dinner event.
For those of you who know Louis' cooking, this is your chance to enjoy a great meal prepared by him, and for those who have not yet had that opportunity, here is your chance and we hope to see you, too!
Brandon Inn Main Dining Room
Saturday evening, February 18, 2012
beginning at 6:30 p.m.
$55.00 person ~ includes all taxes & gratuities
- Mesclun greens salad with pear, walnuts and Vermont creamy goat cheese and a balsamic vinaigrette
- Broiled haddock with a light mushroom dill sauce served with a beurre noisette polenta and roasted winter vegetables
- Roast Loin of Pork with a prune and thyme stuffing and a rich caraway gravy with mashed red potatoes and roasted winter vegetables
- Apricot, ricotta strudel with crème anglaise and fresh whipped cream
Advance Reservations only.
Reserve before Monday, February 13th to:
Neshobe River Winery at 247-8002; NeshobeRiverWinery@gmail.com or
The Brandon Inn at 247-5766; Mail@BrandonInn.com
BRANDON AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
ANNUAL DINNER / MEETING
SEE YOU TONIGHT!
Friday, February 3, 2012
at The Brandon Inn
Contact us for more information.
|NEXT CHAMBER MEETING|
The Brandon Area Chamber of Commerce will next meet on Monday, February 20, 2012 at 6:30 pm in The Cliver Room at the Stephen A Douglas Birthplace. The general membership and public are invited to attend.
|WELCOME NEW MEMBERS|
4 Conant Sq.
e: email@example.comIndividual Membership
BRANDON ROTARY ICE OUT
Guess the date and time the flag sinks on Belden's Pond (Rt 7 north of town). Look for the snowman who will stop the clock when the flag goes down. Winner's share is 50% of entry fees with the balance going to Rotary to support Rotary projects locally and internationally. $1 per entry or 6 for $5. Enter as often as you wish. Predict the date, hour and minute, am or pm, that the flag will sink. Winner is the one closest to the actual time the flag sinks, ties share the prize. Click for an entry form.
|The DUNMORE DIP
The Dunmore Dip helps fund eradicating the milfoil in Lake Dunmore and Fern Lake. The fun part is trying to predict when the ice on Lake Dunmore will melt, causing the red flag to tip and fall into the water. Lord Dunmore stops his clock when the flag goes down. That is the "official" Dunmore Dip time. Whoever has the closest entry to the DATE and TIME the clock stops WINS! Lord Dunmore walks out on Brush's Point around March 1 and is visible from Route 53, just south of Camp Keewaydin. Visit the web site http://www.ldfla.com/other/dunmore-dip.html to see dates going back to 1997. Donation is only $1 per guess. Or call John Ebert at 802-352-9392. Entries MUST BE postmarked by MARCH 15, 2012.
|TASTE OF VERMONT|
The third annual Taste of Vermont fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club of Brandon will be held on Sunday, March 11 at the Brandon Inn. Start at 4 pm with a Meet the Chefs gathering together with local cheesemakers, farms, wines and a silent auction. Dinner tasting starts at 5 pm with the live auction and dessert starting at 6 pm. This annual event not only helps scores of kids in Rutland and Addison Counties, it tastes great too! For more information, to donate, or purchase tickets, contact the Boys and Girls Club of Brandon at 802-465-4131 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BRANDON T-SHIRTS: Blue and Green short sleeve shirts are available at The Brandon Inn.
Youth Sizes - $12
Adult Sizes - $15
All sizes restocked and available at the Brandon Inn
Brandon Area Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 267
Brandon VT 05733