FEB. 18-19, 2012
Here's how you can be a part of it: Register for only $30 and you can be an active part of Art in the Snow in a variety of ways.
* Sponsor the event. Feel good about supporting the weekend. You will be featured on the event website with a link to your own website and if you have a storefront, you will get a poster for your window.
* Conduct a class or workshop. Use your imagination. Last year's offerings included jewelry making, painting, knitting, cooking, baking, and more.
* Open Studio / Demonstrations. If you have a studio or business and would like to welcome event-goers to your place, just open your doors! You can specify demonstration hours or just keep it open-ended throughout the weekend.
Details of the event:
* Event hours are Sat., Feb. 18 from 10 am - 4 pm and Sun., Feb. 19 from noon - 4 pm. If your business has different "open" hours, just specify on the registration form and they will be noted on our website.
* Every participant (sponsor, workshop, open studio, etc) will get their own web page linked from our master web site at www.artinthesnow.com
* The Brandon Select Board has approved offering up to $1000 in Brandon Bucks to visitors who spend two nights (or more!) in one of the town's lodging places. Each guest will receive $50 in Brandon Bucks. A similar offering this past fall brought in 79 new customers to area lodging and spread $4000 in Brandon Bucks to businesses throughout town.
* Once you pay the $30 fee, you may hold more than one offering. For example, if you want to teach a painting class, you can hold one on Saturday and one on Sunday, and pay just one $30 registration fee.
* There will be wine tasting offered throughout town all weekend at a minimum of five places. If you are interested in being a winery host, please let us know (we can't guarantee we will have additional wineries to place but if we do, we will know your interest. Any "locale" that is interested in hosting a winery for wine-tasting must be prepared to supply one person (an employee or volunteer that you hire / find) who will be dedicated to being at the disposal of the guests. For example, the Brandon Artists Guild, as a wine tasting venue, must supply the winery a person to help them. That person might be called upon to help sell product, keep the area neat / clean, AND help sell wine glasses for the Committee.
* We will accept on-line bookings for any class or workshop in which you will charge a fee to event-goers. We will do this through PayPal and discount fees will be passed along to you. That means that when an event-goer books your workshop on-line and pays i.e., a $25 fee, you will receive approximately $24 (the formula is 3% + $.30 each transaction) . You will also be able to book event-goers to your offering on your own and we will keep in touch regarding how many spaces are available and how many are booked.
* If you register to offer a workshop or class, please indicate if you would like a registration cut-off date. That information will be posted on the website. If you choose to NOT have a cut-off date, you will be asked to be ready for walk-in registrations the day of the event.
* This event is sponsored by the Brandon Area Chamber of Commerce and the Brandon Artists Guild.
* Committee may reject an offering for reasons of their own.
If you have questions or need more information, contact the Brandon Area Chamber of Commerce at 247-6401 or email@example.com