The Board of Directors will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, July 6, at 7:30 pm in the MMWD Board Room, 220 Nellen Avenue, Corte Madera, to receive comments from the public on the district's 2010 Urban Water Management Plan (UWMP)
. The public is encouraged to attend and participate.
MMWD developed the plan in compliance with the California Urban Water Management Planning Act, which requires such a plan every five years from urban water suppliers with 3,000 or more service connections or supplying 3,000 or more acre-feet* of water per year.
The plan covers the following topics:
· Existing water supplies and transmission system;
· Projected water demands in MMWD's service area over the next 25 years;
· Projected water supplies available to MMWD over the next 25 years, the reliability of that supply, and general plans for water supply projects;
· Current and planned water conservation activities;
· A water shortage contingency analysis;
· A comparison of water supply and water demand over the next 25 years under different hydrological assumptions (normal year, single dry year, multiple dry years).
*One acre-foot is 325,851 gallons