|Where To Meet The Getaway Girl
Orlando at Mall at Millenia
4200 Conroy Road
5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Join us for a fun-filled evening featuring drink specials and the new Getaway Girl martini, specially created for us!
Orlando Vintage Clothing Co.
2117 W. Fairbanks Avenue, Winter Park
6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Stop by for some Christmas cheer, as well as 10% off everything in the store during the party.
Whiskey Park North - Tampa
11921 N Dale Mabry Hwy (813) 968-1515
7:00 - 10:00 p.m.
No cover for ladies 21 and up. Stop by and get a free drink with each Girls Getaway Guide purchase.
Gaylord Palms - ICE!
6000 W. Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee (407) 586-0000
Noon - 1:00 p.m.
Stop by to see the Gaylord Palms' amazing ICE! display and meet The Getaway Girl. A special Girls Getaway prize will be given away.
Whiskey Park Soho - Tampa
720 S Howard Ave.
7:00 - 10:00 pm
No cover charge for ladies 21 and up. Stop by for Ladies Night Christmas Party where you can enter to win up to $1,000 in cash. All ladies enjoy an Absolut open bar from 9:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
|Purchase the Book |
|To purchase the Girls Getaway Guide, please visit:|
Le Bri Boutique, Lakeland
Gift Basket Boutique, Lakeland
Redhead Lounge Boutique, Orlando
Urban Think! Bookstore, Orlando
|Gray Dog Publishing
P.O. Box 2589
Orlando, FL 32802
We had a fabulous time at the Nov. 11 Redhead Lounge Boutique Sunday Brunch. In addition to the book signing, the event also featured a designer trunk show by Raw Materials and in-store massages by The Spa.
It was a wonderful way to indulge in shopping, feasting and pampering. I was thrilled to visit with new friends and hear their great girls getaway stories. Many thanks to Erin (pictured below) and the entire Redhead staff for such a wonderful day.
For more information on the Redhead Lounge, visit www.RedheadLounge.com. Stop by the Redhead Lounge, do a little holiday shopping and pick up your very own copy of the Girls Getaway Guide to Orlando at the boutique.
|The Getaway Girl Has Gifts For You!
In an effort to help all girls beat the holiday madness, the Girls Getaway Guide is launching a fun-filled online promotion to help you count down the last "12 Days 'til Christmas."
The giveaways include special gifts and discounts from hotels including the Omni Resort and Gaylord Palms, spas like The Spa at Thornton Park, boutiques such as Zou Zou Boutique, Redhead Lounge and Shou'ture and much more!
Visit www.GirlsGetawayGuide.net and sign up for the fabulous giveaways. Beginning Dec. 6, I'll feature a different girls' getaway gift generously provided by one of the businesses featured in the book. A different winner will be randomly selected each business day and announced on my website.
Happy Holidays or Horrible "Hell-idays"?
The holidays are a particularly stressful time for people, especially women. Women are charged with shopping, Christmas parties, keeping up with the kids, juggling holiday schedules, dealing with traffic and crowds, cooking, entertaining, hosting relatives and visitors, and a myriad of other details to assure the "forced family fun" that the holidays bring comes off without a hitch.
With all of these responsibilities, it is important for women to remember to take care of themselves in order to avoid fatigue and burn out and, most importantly, so they too enjoy the holidays. With that in mind, the Girls Getaway Guide has compiled a list of ways in which women can take care of themselves during this stressful time of year.
· Pamper Yourself - While your focus is often on others, be sure to take time out for yourself. Get a massage, a manicure, get your hair done, etc. Spa time, even if brief, is a great was to re-charge your holiday batteries and ensure some "me time."
· Escape Reality - Find a nice, quiet place to escape reality. Curl up with a book or magazine, take a bubble bath or just drink some herbal tea. This will help your divert your mind from the holiday madness and focus on something else for a while.
· Schedule a Girlfriends Date - One of the best ways to release stress is to talk about it, and no one can relate better to holiday stress than your girlfriends. Schedule a "date" with them. Perhaps you meet for lunch or dinner, but make sure you set time aside to commiserate with those who understand you the best. Laughter will do wonders!
· Exercise - It is important to remain physically active. Exercise will release endorphins into your body and help prevent emotional overload. Working out can include aerobic activity and your usual exercise routine, but it can also include relaxing workouts such as yoga and Pilates. Whatever you do, stay active and avoid falling into the sedentary lifestyle that the holidays often drag us into.
· Be Organized and Delegate - Women often feel as though they have to do everything for everyone, especially around the holidays. You don't. In fact, it is helpful to delegate tasks to others. It makes them feel helpful and a part of the holiday festivities. In order to delegate, one must be organized to evaluate what must be done. Coordinate a schedule, have a calendar and delegate tasks. This will reduce your stress and get others involved.
The fall would not be complete without a fantastic Girls Getaway and Key West was the destination this year. Cousins Kelly and Nikki joined me as we started with a 7-hour road trip to the southernmost point of the U.S.
Wanting to make the most of the trip, we covered a lot of ground. We stayed at the Casa Marina Resort. They are almost done with their remodeling, which looks great already, and their pool and beach areas are some of the best on the island.
We dined at Blue Heaven, a must-visit for anyone in Key West; La Trattoria, fine Italian dining Key West style; Conch Republic, a great waterside hangout in the Historic Seaport area; and Turtle Kraals, a former turtle processing facility turned waterside restaurant.
Nightlife included stops at Garden of Eden, a clothing optional bar; Capt. Tony's Saloon, where we chatted with Capt. Tony himself (see photo below); and world-famous bars the Hog's Breath Saloon and Sloppy Joe's.
While the girls laid out to sun, I visited the Butterfly Conservatory, the Little White House, the Audubon House, and rode the Key West Trolley. We shopped at the Kino's Sandal store and Local Color and watched the sunset from the top of the La Concha Hotel. It was a fabulous trip filed with memories to last a lifetime.
The Getaway Girl is Now A Featured Writer
I am now a featured Travel Writer for Passionate For Life, an online magazine that features writers and life coaches who are passionate about living one's best life. The website addresses the key elements of living life with passion.
My current article is posted in the Women's Interest section and recaps my girls' getaway trip to Nova Scotia where I attended the Princess of Katmandu's wedding.
Be sure to visit www.passionateforlife.com in the Women's Section under articles to read this amazing story.
Getaway Girl Featured in Orlando Woman News
Check out the latest edition of Orlando Woman News. I am honored to be featured in this bi-monthly publication, which addresses issues important to women in the Central Florida area.
Be sure to pick up your copy for Tips on Planning a Girls Getaway. For locations on where you can pick up a complimentary copy, call (321) 206-3334.
I love to travel and this was a great way to get a "taste" of other countries without leaving Orlando. If you have not visited this event, be sure to attend next year. For more information, visit http://tinyurl.com/ttbtu.
EPCOT'S Food & Wine Festival
Last month, I attended EPCOT's International Food & Wine Festival. We ate lunch in England, snacked in Morocco and Poland, had dinner in Germany and had dessert in France.
|Thanks for reading. I'd love to meet you at an upcoming event soon!
Casey Wohl, Author
Girls Getaway Guide to Orlando: Leave Your Baggage at Home