Ages 8-10 / Middle Grade Fiction / Thomas Nelson
Win a set of Sneak, by Evan Angler, for your book club. Enter to win by emailing the publisher (please write "KidsBookclubbing" in the subject line).
We've made it this far. We're alive.
But for how long?
I'm writing to you now because you -- you readers -- you're the ones who question. Who think for yourselves. Who analyze. Who doubt...
And under a government that swipes its own teenagers in the name of Unity, that kidnaps us for showing the faintest signs of what might someday become defiance...you are the ones in danger.
It is you who will be weeded out. Removed. Forgotten. So that all who
remain will be...unified.
My name is Evan Angler. And if you've read this far, then you and I are in this together.
So come with me to Beacon, capital city of the American Union. Read SNEAK. Save your friends.
Take back the swiped.
Before you and I are among them.
"Apocalyptic dystopian fiction at its best. Angler's sharp wit and dexterity with political themes are matched only by the thrilling suspense on every page."
-Lis Wiehl, New York Times bestselling author and FOX News correspondent
1. If you'd just found out that your sibling or friend was wrongly accused and suffering for a false crime, what would you do? How would you react similarly to what Logan did? How would you handle the situation differently?
2. Do the Markless protests at the end of SNEAK remind you of any real-world events? If so, which ones?
3. Which character in SNEAK do you most identify with? If you were a member of the Dust, who do you think you would be? How are you like each of them? How are they alike? How are you different from each of them? How are they different from each other?
4. In SNEAK, traveling is difficult, no one uses paper money, people eat food like tempeh and quorn instead of meat, and they mostly live in urban environments instead of the countryside. What is your vision of the future? In what ways do you think it will differ from the future as described in SNEAK? In what ways do you think it might be similar?
5. What themes are explored in SNEAK? (family, honesty, loyalty, truth, secrets, conformity, etc.) Do you think there is a message or a moral in SNEAK?
6. What do you think will happen in the third book of the Swipe Series, after SNEAK?
To learn more about the Swipe series and author Evan Angler, see Evan's website and his Facebook page.
AUTHOR CALL-IN INFORMATION: Evan Angler is happy to call-in to or Skype with your club. Email Evan to submit your request.