"Blue water is waiting for you!"
If you have always wanted to know what it's like to celebrate the holidays in the islands, now is a good time to start planning!
Our savvy villa guests know to book their favorite villa at least 6 months out, so summer is the best time to seek a villa for the holidays.
Imagine... instead of snowmen, you'll build sand castles... instead of snowflakes, you'll frolic in white sand... and, along with the joys of the season, you'll find culture and customs that will add flavor to your vacation. So, put away the parka and get set for Christmas in the Sun!!!
Nancy M. Anderson,President & BrokerMcLaughlin Anderson Luxury VillasSt. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands www.mclaughlinanderson.comOn-island villa rental experts since 1985
|Yes, You Can ... Spend Christmas in the Sun!|
|5 reasons to consider an island holiday |
The holiday season is a time to gather your loved ones and enjoy the splendor of togetherness. We can think of no better place than a villa, and here's why:
For assistance in planning your holiday villa getaway, contact our office Mondays through Saturdays for live telephone assistance toll free at 1-800-537-6246 or 1-800-666-6246 (international 1-340-776-0635), or you may contact us by email.
- The weather is nearly perfect! In December, the average island temperature is around 80°F, with highs of 86 and lows around 70. The water temperature is about 79°F (that's just 4 degrees lower than the average high of 83 in summer months) and rainfall averages are relatively low. This means breezy, clear, sunny days for the most part, and any showers are pretty brief or overnight.
- It's a special cultural experience. Aside from each island's Carnival time, the holidays are when you are most likely to be able to enjoy a number of special customs, foods and activities, regardless of destination. Even those who do not celebrate Christmas can take in a "Challenge of the Carols", a "Serenade", or a robust serving of kallaloo - a slightly spicy stew of greens and seafood, served with balls of cornmeal and okra called 'fungi' (FOON-jee)! If you plan to be on St. Croix during this time, you may even get a taste of the Crucian Christmas Fiesta!
- More live entertainment. At this time of year, we have the most visitors, and restaurants and nightclubs that normally offer live entertainment will be sure to have more available to please their patrons. Contact our Concierge to explore your many entertainment options.
- Lots of handcrafted gifts are available. Local arts and crafts abound at this time of year, including locally-made dolls, soaps, candies, preserves and more. That's because both residents and islanders who visit from other places take this particular time to seek out their favorites such as "jawbone" (peppermint stick), "dunderslaw" (a clear peanut brittle disc), stewed gooseberries, tamarinds, and a liqueur simply called "guavaberry" to take home or share with their loved ones.
- It's home, away from home. Being in a different location and in a tropical climate will add spirit to your winter vacation. And the best part is that you are "at home", with a full kitchen, pool, grill, and electronic media for entertainment or staying in touch. Start new holiday traditions together, in your villa!
^BACK TO THE TOP
|Get to know... Casa Lupa!|
Peterborg flower in full bloom
, St. Thomas, VI
Estate Peterborg, North side
Photo by Don Hebert
Introduce yourself to the quietly
exotic Casa Lupa on St. Thomas. Verdant and stately Italian flavors welcome all who enter its doors... Visit our blog and get to know this exceptional St. Thomas villa... then just try to stay away!
View Casa Lupa on our web site...
|Service at Rockworks second to none|
Manager earns kudos alongside villa
St. Thomas, USVI
Dorothea, North side
Photo by Don Hebert
Many of our guests have just about seen it all... in terms of luxury standards, amenities, and comfort. It certainly means a lot when someone who has rented many villas takes the time to roundly praise a rental property, as well as the service level enjoyed during their stay. This guest simply cannot say enough on behalf of Sherri, the manager of Rockworks villa.
Exceptional Service at Rockworks!
Read more St. Thomas villa reviews...
|V.I. property owners' newsletter profiles Nancy|
| History of our company in "Island News"|
Nancy was recently put in the spotlight in the May-June issue of "Island News", a subscription-only newsletter that caters to property owners of the United States Virgin Islands. In this comprehensive article, you will discover how Nancy came to be an island villa rental industry pioneer! Download a copy of the article, Minnesota Native Nancy Anderson builds her own Caribbean Niche: Luxury Villa Rentals from our web site (PDF format), plus see other articles that feature McLaughlin Anderson Luxury Villas on our Press Page.
^BACK TO THE TOP
|The Ritz-Carlton Club® St. Thomas|
|Beachfront luxury, island style
|The Ritz-Carlton Club® St. Thomas
^BACK TO THE TOP
with its well-appointed 2-bedroom Residences
, 3-bedroom Residences
and 2-bedroom Suites
offer superb accommodations and detailed attention to the discriminating traveler.
Here, you will enjoy the privacy of residential living within a fully-staffed resort with Concierge, a European health spa & health club, watersports center, and access to a 53-foot catamaran for private charters, sunset cruises and daysails; the Ritz Kids program provides constructive fun for the younger set. Fun in the sun is a given - The Ritz-Carlton Club was selected among the Best Caribbean Snorkeling Resorts
by Caribbean Travel + Life
feature full kitchens (Saturday to Saturday rentals) and Suites
(Friday to Friday rentals) feature bistro kitchens + Dining Club privileges (all-day beverage service, breakfasts, panini sandwiches and salads at lunch, and warm hors-d'oeuvres and desserts at supper).
A lighted tennis court, heated pools (including a kiddie pool), 2 whirlpool spas, and both in-room and restaurant dining are also available on this gated 15-acre beachfront property.
Contact Reservations for latest availability at 1-800-537-6246 or 1-800-626-6246 Monday-Saturday or email Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Why we're special|
McLaughlin Anderson Luxury Villas President Nancy Anderson We really are villa experts
We live in the islands, but it takes much more than that to become an villa rental and management expert. Our company was established in 1985 by happy accident. We began renting out homes for sale as a way to defray maintenance, improvement and upkeep costs, and soon creating spectacular Caribbean luxury villa vacations
became a way of life.
We know our villa and island managers personally, and regularly tour our properties so that we have come to know them inside and out! Our amazing support team now spans 6 islands (and one adorable cay).