10 Things Woodbury Foot Care Centre Podiatrist Want To Tell You!
1. When you go into a shoe store, your salesperson should measure your feet. Many People think they wear the same size shoe for the past 30 years. This is not true! As we age, our feet often get bigger and sometimes wider. Our ligaments become more relax and our feet often change.
2. Your feet don't need to smell! You can use drying agents or sprays on your feet. You can wear sweat resistant socks or a cotton synthetic sock that absorbs perspiration. We also sell bromi talc powder, which is awesome for foot odor and perspiration!
3. Toe separators, bunion splints, and yoga toes do not help! If you have a structural problem, a $6 device isn't going to reverse anything. These are structural problems, which need x-rays and a surgical consultation.
4. Running shoes are specific for running, Buy the type of shoes you plan to wear for the activity. If you plan to do multiple activites with the same shoe gear, buy a cross trainer. It's also best to buy shoes in the afternoon when your feet are swollen.
5. If you have dried cracked feet, use a cream or lotion twice a day. Avoid creams with alchol base. Use creams that have urea to help moisten and penetrate the skin. We have a few types of creams at our office for purchase. You can also use your flex spending to buy these creams.
6. Bunions do not get better without surgery! They progress as we age due to abnormal gait. They are structural problems that can be trated with surgical intervention.
7. Custom Orthotics is a wonderful way to slow down the boney deformities or prevent reoccurance after surgery. The over the counter "custom-fit" orthotics are a gimmick! They will only help if you need some arch support or padding but they are nothing like the real thin! Orhtotics are like eyeglasses for the feet. They are made to correct specifc biomechanical ailments that help control your gait.
8. If you have a foot or ankle problem, call your podiatrist @ 856-384-1333! Many people call an orthopedic surgeon, which most do not specialize in the foot, hence are not up to date with the best treatments.
9. Do not mow the lawn, rake leaves or shovel the driveway in flip-flops or slippers. Many injuries happen not wearing proper footgear!
10. Stay active and wear proper shoes with proper socks. If any foot or ankle ailments, call our office for an appointment. Remember, we have the state of the art x-ray machine and diagnostic ultrasound at our Woodbury office. Any questions or problems, feel free to call 856-384-1333 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org