BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!
Second Annual Wish Upon a Star Gala
Friday, April 20, 2011
Leonard's of Great Neck
7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
5K Run/Walk & Lexiepalooza Carnival
Run--or walk--down to our 5K and enjoy a day spent in the fresh air for a great cause. Then stick around for our Lexiepalooza Carnival afterwards.
The Lexiebean Foundation's
3rd Annual Golf Outing
Shoot a round at the beautiful Garden City Golf Club while raising money to help kids with cancer.
Lexie's Legs will be participating in the Ocean to Sound Relay. Keep looking back at our website for details!
Whenever our young friend Tanner thought people did something really awesome, he'd give them a high five. So, in his memory, we'd like to give Tanner's High Fives to some truly amazing people:
* Thank you to Tanner's Babci (the Polish name for Grandma) and Pop-Pop for donating their credit card points to us
* Welcome Andrew Eichele and thanks for joining us at The Lexiebean Foundation. Andrew is helping us coordinate this year's golf outing.
* Cathy & Jen from Salon Danielle Loren, located at 102 Woodbury Road in Hicksville, NY 11801, 516-938-2822. For the second year in a row, Cathy and Jen are collecting donations at their salon for The Lexiebean Foundation. Please stop by and show your support!
* Anthony Falabella is donating $15.00 from his birthday money in memory of his sister, Lexie. Happy Birthday, Anthony, and thank you!
|Kids Helping Kids Spotlight|
This month, we wanted to shine a spotlight on a child who knew Lexie and was so inspired by her that she decided to help other kids just like her.
"My daughter, Jillian, made her First Holy Communion with Lexie. Lexie touched Jillian so much that when we heard she passed away, my daughter started growing her hair to donate to Locks of Love in Lexie's memory. Jillian said, "Alexia looked like a princess on her Communion, so I want to help another child look like one." Please let us know how we can get the word out there about The Lexiebean Foundation. Please let us help!"
Jessica was diagnosed with Undifferentiated Chordoma in 2007. She was born on February 14, 2005 and died on March 19, 2011. We wanted to remember her on her 1st "Angelversary" in Heaven.
Helping kids and their families is what we're all about, and we like to think that every time we do it, Lexie is somewhere, smiling.
This month's spotlight kid is Ella Kate, age 2. Ella was diagnosed with Ewing Sarcoma.
The trees are beginning to bud, the daffodils and crocuses are blooming, and the hint of warm weather is in the air. It's April! We've got so many things to be excited about this month (no fooling!) that we can't wait to share them with you.
Our 2nd Annual Wish Upon A Star Gala is right around the corner! On April 20th, 2012, we'll be gathering at Leonard's of Great Neck for a wonderful night full of cocktails, dancing, and much more. We'll have over 40 raffles, including a Day at the Spa, Game Systems for the kids, Movie Night for the whole family, tickets to a Yankee, Met, or Islander game, and much more.
Our live auction will feature a weekend in the city with a limousine ride to and from the hotel, a Broadway play and dinner for two at one of Gordon Ramsey's world famous restaurants. You could also win a fabulous North Shore fishing excursion or a new roof for your home--up to 1500 square feet!
You also wouldn't want to miss our 50/50 raffle, wine pull, top shelf spirits, a complete sit down dinner, dancing and more! This is a fabulous night out, and one that we would feel honored to have you share with us.
Please come celebrate the life of one little girl, Lexie, who inspired us to make things better for children suffering from pediatric cancer and their families. Visit our website at www.lexiebeanfoundation.org or call LeaAnn at 516-852-8227 and get your tickets now.
Some of the other events that we're planning include another 5K Walk/Run fundraiser, a carnival, and a golf outing. Check out the sidebar for more details, and keep checking back at our website for the latest event updates.
We are blessed to work with some pretty awesome people. Read about some families who have found very creative ways to help us in Tanner's High Fives. Discover some great ways to help others this Spring in Lexie's Corner. Or read about a special little girl whose life was touched by our cause in Lexie's Spotlight.
Your friends at The Lexiebean Foundation
Inspiration and Motivation
for those touched by cancer
Spring into Action! 9 Great Ways to Help* Purchase tickets to our 2nd Annual Gala Night. It's a great way to dance the night away, win a prize or two, have fun AND help!
* Buy journal ads on our website. You'll get great rates, spread the word about your business or services, and help children with pediatric cancer
* Do all of your shopping at OneCause.com. Shop with your favorite merchants and a portion of every sale will go to The Lexiebean Foundation. Just point, click and contribute. It's so easy!
* Volunteer or Sponsor our monthly hospital visits beginning in May/June 2012. Spend a few hours helping kids and their families cope with outpatient chemotherapy sessions. Hand out magazines, books, crossword puzzles, Madlibs®, arts & crafts, puzzles, and gift cards to be used in the hospital or at nearby restaurants.
* Donate your credit card reward points to purchase gift cards to help our families
* Organize and coordinate upcoming events
* Run with our Lexie's Legs team
* Show your Lexiebean pride! Check out our new items at the Lexiebean store and please buy them
* Help us create care baskets or do administrative tasks
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how you can get involved.
Founded in 2003, Outcast operates the largest digital TV network at the gas pump, with advertising and entertainment at over 125 locations.
Once Upon a Time Parties
It's always party time at Once Upon a Time. This one stop party shop, located in Whitestone, features kids' party themes such as carnivals, dress up, sandy candy, tie-dye, spa parties and much more.
This Little Neck pizzeria has everything from pizzas to Italian specialties, wraps, sheet cakes and more. Whether you want to feed your family or cater a large event, DiMaria's Pizzeria hits the spot every time.
>>Check it Out