Save the Date
Our Second Annual Dinner Gala is scheduled for April 20, 2012. Keep checking in-we'll have more details available soon!
5K Run/Walk &
Run-or walk-down to our 5K and enjoy a day spent in the fresh air for a great cause. Then stick around for our Lexiepalooza Carnival afterwards.
Early September 2012
The Lexiebean Foundation's
3rd Annual Golf Outing
Shoot a round at the beautiful Garden City Golf Club while raising money to help kids with cancer.
Keep checking back for more details!
Whenever our young friend Tanner thought people did something really awesome, he'd give them a high five.
So, in his memory, we'd like to give Tanner's High Fives to some wonderful people who are doing amazing things for us:
- Graphic Designer Jill Falcone will be creating, designing and donating the invitations for our April Dinner Gala. We are very excited to have her sponsor us in this way! To see more of her work, please visit jillfalcone.com.
Are you looking for new ways to make a difference in the world? Do you want to get involved in something special? Do you need service hours for your religious education program? Come join The Lexiebean Foundation.
We need volunteers to help us organize and coordinate upcoming events, run with our Lexie's Legs team, create care baskets or jump in on administrative tasks. Tell us your talents, get involved, and help support this very worthy cause. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we begin a new year, full of high hopes and endless possibilities, we are excited by the prospect of creating more innovative ways to help children with cancer and their families.
This year, we're looking forward to more fundraising events that capture the essence of what our foundation is all about. On April 20, we'll have our Second Annual Dinner Gala. There will be top shelf liquor, a cocktail hour, an amazing sit down dinner, exciting entertainment, lots of raffles & the always popular 50/50. This event was so much fun last year that we can't wait for this year's dinner gala. We hope you'll join us!
Some of the other events that we're planning include another 5K walk/run fundraiser, a carnival, and a golf outing. Check out the sidebar for more details, and keep checking back at our website for the latest event updates.
We are blessed to work with some pretty awesome people. Read about our mission and some of the families we've helped in Lexiebean's Spotlight Kids. See the creative ways people find to help us in Tanner's High Fives. Or for some ways to make your resolutions stick-and help families dealing with pediatric cancer-check out Lexie's Corner for 12 Resolutions You Can Keep in 2012.
Finally, from all of us at The Lexiebean Foundation, we wish you a very happy and healthy New Year.
All the best,
Your friends at The Lexiebean Foundation
Inspiration and Motivation for those touched by cancer
12 Resolutions You Can Keep in 2012
- Want to lose weight? Sign up for our 5K and start training. You'll watch the pounds just melt away.
- Share small acts of kindness. Drop off a grocery gift card or a local restaurant gift card, shovel snow, or walk the dog for a family touched by cancer.
- Exercise more! Run or walk as a member of our Lexie's Legs team. We need fresh legs!
- Volunteer! We can always use help setting up our events, putting together gift baskets, or handling administrative tasks. Contact Jenn Shanahan at email@example.com for details.
- Teach your children the importance of giving. Some of our favorite donations have come from kids who ran lemonade stands or pooled their allowances so they could help kids and their families.
- Do all of your shopping at onecause.com. This online retailer donates a percentage of every purchase to The Lexiebean Foundation.
- Make a healthy meal for your family. And while you're at it, make an extra healthy meal and drop it off with a family who has a child in the hospital.
- Be a true friend. Hospital stays and treatments can go on for a while. Keep going to the hospital or dropping by with a magazine and a quick chat when others seem to have forgotten
- Show your support for The Lexiebean Foundation. Wear our new apparel-or give them as gifts!
- Travel more. You can become the chauffeur for siblings who need rides to activities or after school get-togethers. It's a great way to lighten their parents' load and give the kids some much-needed attention.
- Give of yourself. Mom and Dad could probably use some down time. Bring over a movie and hang out with the kids while Mom takes a bath or Dad goes for a run.
- Get out more. Keep watching for details of our upcoming events and join the fun. Your support means the world to us!
Lexiebean's Spotlight Kids
We started The Lexiebean Foundation to help ease the financial and emotional burdens that childhood cancer places on a family. We also strive to provide care and comfort to sick kids and their siblings with gift baskets chosen specifically for them.
But we can't do it without you! Your support makes everything we do possible. To date, The Lexiebean Foundation has helped 41 families. Meet two of our "Spotlight Kids:"
Nathaniel - Age 8 - Diagnosed with Ewing Sarcoma
Analiyah - Age 9 - Nongerminomatous Germ Brain Tumor
|Meet A Few of our
Lynbrook Runners Stop
They help you find fantastic runner's shoes at the best prices, along with free shipping, deep discounts on popular and discontinued models, and more.
>>Run On Over
Four Food Studio & Cocktail Salon
With exquisite food and extravagant flair, FOUR is a great place to socialize with friends, family and business associates. Drop by to enjoy a spectacular meal.
Two Steak and Sushi Den
The New York Times says that the "lush sushi selections," "top of the line entrees" and "exciting desserts" make TWO a "Don't Miss" restaurant sensation.
>> Check it Out
Mark David Real Estate
Whether it's buying, selling, or renting a property, their techno-savvy, highly trained, and motivated agents make it their business to satisfy you.