|Renewable energy in action in a parking lot at the Jefferson County administration building,
taken during an APA event - Good Sun Bad Sun on September 6th
2012 SMALL COMMUNITIES WORKSHOP
The Colorado Municipal League (CML) and the Colorado Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) are proud to co-present a day-long workshop specifically designed for municipalities with populations of 8,000 and under. Open to municipal officials only, this workshop is ideal for managers and administrators, clerks, and elected officials interested in learning all about small-town strategic budgeting, economic development, law enforcement issues, land use and planning challenges, and elected-staff relationships. In addition to offering valuable information, this event will be a great way to connect with colleagues from all across the state who share similar challenges. It's an event not to be missed!
Thursday, November 1, 2012
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
CML Building - 1144 Sherman Street, Denver
For more information, and to register, visit the CML event page.
REMEMBER! ENERGY AND MINERAL IMPACT FUND APPLICANTS,
HIGH PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATION PROGRAM (HPCP) in EFFECT!
Colorado Revised Statutes (C.R.S. 24-30-1301 to 1307) require all new facilities, additions, and renovation projects funded with 25% or more of state funds to conform with the High Performance Certification Program (HPCP) policy adopted by the Office of the State Architect (OSA) if:
- The new facility, addition, or renovation project contains 5,000 or more building square feet; and
- The project includes an HVAC system; and
- In the case of a renovation project, the cost of the renovation exceeds 25% of the current value of the property.
- Project has NOT entered the design phase prior to January 1, 2008.
The HPCP requires projects achieve the highest possible LEED certification with the goal being LEED Gold. Projects funded through DOLA are required to participate in the OSA's registration and tracking process. Forms must be submitted to DOLA. Please contact your regional manager with any questions or visit DOLA's HPCP page on their website. For more information on the Energy and Mineral Impact Assistance Fund, or to apply for a grant, click HERE.
A COMPREHENSIVE SITE FOR COMPREHENSIVE PLANS & LAND USE CODES
The Community Development Office recently updated their resource library to include over 300 web links to municipal and county land use codes and comprehensive plans. Visit the site today to browse this terrific resource and bookmark it as a time-saver. If you have other plans or codes that we could share on our website, please email Tareq Wafaie.
- Int'l Economic Development Council 2012 Annual Conference Houston, TX - Sep. 30 - Oct. 3, 2012
- APA Colorado Chapter Annual Conference Snowmass, CO - October 3-6, 2012
- National Brownfield Association "The Big Deal" Chicago, IL - October 3-4, 2012
- 5th Annual Colorado Entrepreneurial Marketplace - Pueblo, CO - October 5, 2012
- Garfield Clean Energy Innovation Awards feat. Gov. Bill Ritter, Jr. - Glenwood Springs - October 5, 2012
- Net-Zero Cities 2012 - Fort Collins, CO - October 16-17. 2012
- LEED Green Associate Exam Prep - (online) begins October 18th
- Driving the Development of Renewable Energy - Denver, CO - October 19, 2012
- Community Builders Summit - Glenwood Springs, CO - Oct. 25-26, 2012
- Colorado Sustainability Conference "Tools for Change" - Colorado Springs, CO - October 25-26, 2012
- National Trust for Historic Preservation Annual Conference - Spokane, WA - Oct. 31 - Nov. 3
- Small Communities Workshop - Denver, CO - November 1, 2012
- Writing and Updating the Zoning Ordinance - Denver, CO - November 7
- Transit Alliance presents: The Transit Event of 2012 - Union Station - Denver, CO Nov. 8th
- Tax Issues for Conservation Professionals - Colorado Springs, CO - November 13, 2012
- Commercial Energy Auditor Training - Several dates and locations
- Restore your economy - Disaster preparedness and economic recovery events - several dates
- SAVE THE DATE - Colorado Brownfields Conference - Denver, CO - April 30 - May 1, 2013
For more upcoming events information, please visit our partners' calendars:
APA Colorado upcoming events page
CBF events calendar
CML event calendar
DCI community calendar
News, Funding, and Other Announcements
About the Community Development Office (CDO)
Our Smart Growth and Main Street team is made up of community development specialists with expertise in land use and economic development. We are always available to assist Colorado local governments with related issues.
, AICP, Community Development Specialist - Land Use