The Department of Local Affairs' Community Development Office
, in partnership with the Colorado Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA Colorado
), Colorado Counties, Inc. (CCI
), the Colorado Municipal League (CML
), and the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG
) is hosting a Planning Commissioners Workshop on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at the American Mountaineering Center
in Golden, CO. This is a terrific opportunity for elected officials, staff, and of course planning commissioners to educate themselves on the fundamentals of local land use planning and hear from experts on advanced legal practice, land use code development, our changing demographics, and more. Please RSVP by September 8th by emailing Tareq Wafaie
with the name, organization, position, and email address for each attendee. Space is limited so sign up TODAY
REMEMBER! ENERGY AND MINERAL IMPACT FUND APPLICANTS,
HIGH PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATION PROGRAM (HPCP) in EFFECT!
Colorado Revised Statutes (C.R.S. 24-30-1301 to 1307) require all new facilities, additions, and renovation projects funded with 25% or more of state funds to conform with the High Performance Certification Program (HPCP) policy adopted by the Office of the State Architect (OSA) if:
- The new facility, addition, or renovation project contains 5,000 or more building square feet; and
- The project includes an HVAC system; and
- In the case of a renovation project, the cost of the renovation exceeds 25% of the current value of the property.
- Project has NOT entered the design phase prior to January 1, 2008.
The HPCP requires projects achieve the highest possible LEED certification with the goal being LEED Gold. Projects funded through DOLA are required to participate in the OSA's registration and tracking process. Forms must be submitted to DOLA. Please contact your regional manager with any questions or visit DOLA's HPCP page on their website. For more information on the Energy and Mineral Impact Assistance Fund, or to apply for a grant, click HERE.
A COMPREHENSIVE SITE FOR COMPREHENSIVE PLANS
The Community Development Office recently updated their resource library to include web links to 46 county comprehensive plans and 102 municipal comprehensive plans. Visit the site today to browse this terrific resource and bookmark it as a time-saver.
JUST WRAPPED UP A PROJECT? ADOPTED A NEW PLAN? The Community Development Office is continuously building its online resource library. The resource library offers sample plans, policies, regulations, publications and handouts, and useful links in an effort to reduce research time and provide a tool for comparison. We encourage you to visit the resource library and submit your sample plans to the CDO team in digital format. Your contributions make this tool stronger!
- AASHTO Bike Guide Webinar Series Webinars - multiple dates, 2012
- American Renewable Energy Day Summit Aspen, CO - August 18-20, 2012
- Contaminated Lands: Developing Clean Power Projects Webinar - August 21, 2012
- Arvada Community Agriculture Project - Arvada, CO - August 30, 2012 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sustainability Leadership & Implementation Certificate - Classes begin September 7, 2012
- 2012 Heroes of Sustainability Awards Denver, CO - September 11, 2012
- DCI's Annual Conference: Design, Develop and Deliver Golden, CO - September 12-14, 2012
- DOLA's Planning Commissioners Workshop: Back to School Golden, CO - September 15, 2012
- Int'l Economic Development Council 2012 Annual Conference Houston, TX - Sep. 30 - Oct. 3, 2012
- APA Colorado Chapter Annual Conference Snowmass, CO - October 3-6, 2012
- National Brownfield Association "The Big Deal" Chicago, IL - October 3-4, 2012
- 5th Annual Colorado Entrepreneurial Marketplace - Pueblo, CO - October 5, 2012
- National Trust for Historic Preservation Annual Conference - Spokane, WA - Oct. 31 - Nov. 3
- Commercial Energy Auditor Training - Several dates and locations
- Restore your economy - Disaster preparedness and economic recovery events - several dates
For more upcoming events information, please visit our partners' calendars:
APA Colorado upcoming events page
CBF events calendar
CML event calendar
DCI community calendar
For more opportunities, please visit:
APA Colorado's jobs page
Planetizen's jobs page
Want to include an opportunity in our next listserv? Email Tareq Wafaie
About the Community Development Office (CDO)
Our Smart Growth and Main Street team is made up of community development specialists with expertise in land use and economic development. We are always available to assist Colorado local governments with related issues.
, AICP, Community Development Specialist - Land Use