Holiday Pop Up Shop
Thanks to all of you holiday shoppers who helped us raise $1,500 from online and in-person sales of student artwork and crafts.
The online shop has done so well that we have decided to keep it as a permanent fixture on the SA site. Keep checking back as we continue to add new products.
Order NOW at the Online Store
THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS:
Adrienne, Chandani, Jauhara, Jini, Katherine, Rachel, Sarah, & Tali.
THIS YEAR STARTING ARTISTS HAS:
- Provided free instruction in arts and entrepreneurship to over 150 teenagers through the Afterschool Program.
- Introduced nearly 60 more students to careers in the arts through Vacation Arts Intensives.
- Prepared 8th & 12th grade students for portfolio review and application processes to competitive arts high schools and colleges.
- Engaged dozens of arts and business professionals through workshops ranging in topics from art & activism and human rights filmmaking to political cartooning and life drawing.
- Launched a new website and online store, selling $800 worth of products online in its first month of operations.
- Piloted the Creative Entrepreneurs Club, led by 7 Teen Leaders, benefiting local nonprofit organizations through donated creative services.
- Supported student submissions to Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, with 75% of submissions earning a Gold or Silver Key in 2009.
- Displayed student artwork at the Old Stone House, Brooklyn Historical Society, Equinox Gym in Brooklyn Heights, and at SA's own gallery.
- Participated in community art projects Brooklyn Utopias?, and Windows Brooklyn.
- Hosted community exhibitions for Broad Visions and Cobble Hill Drawing Studio at SA's gallery.
Six Ways to Support SA
Visit SA's Support Page
to make a secure, online payment via PayPal
(account not required
. Send a check
made out to Starting Artists, Inc. to 211 Smith Street, BKLYN, 11201.
3. Become a Starting Artists Volunteer by contacting Lacey and filling out the Volunteer Application.
4. Make an In-kind Donation of goods: office supplies, art supplies etc. or services: accounting, marketing etc.
5. Tell Your Friends about SA or Host a Fundraising Party.
6. Participate in SA's special events and activities including the Vacation Arts Intensives.
*All donations are fully tax-deductible but must be received prior to December 31, 2009 to count in the 2009 tax year.