[ Cenergy News ]
Cenegy's Rapid Growth Leads to New Headquarters in Houston, and Prompts a Look Back at Cenergy's History
Cenergy has been providing workforce solutions to the energy industry for over 15 years, and our dedication to safety, quality and customer service has resulted in rapid and sustained growth. An exciting indication of this growth is our recent move to new headquarters in Houston. The move was necessary to accommodate the expansion of our internal staff, as we now occupy our own building with more room for future growth.
To celebrate this milestone, in this eNewsletter, we wanted take a look at Cenergy's history and evolution:
- Cenergy was founded in 1996 by June Ressler - working from her home in New Orleans. By 2001, Cenergy had outgrown June's home office and moved into Cenergy's first official office in the Central Business District in New Orleans.
- The devastation of Hurricane Katrina forced a temporary relocation of Cenergy's headquarters to Lafayette, Louisiana. However, due to Cenergy's ability to respond and continue to service customers in the immediate aftermath of the Hurricane tragedy, we expanded from 50 employees to 100 employees.
- Because many of Cenergy's clients relocated due to Hurricane Katrina, in late 2005 Cenergy opened our first office in Houston, Texas. And once we were able to move back into our New Orleans office, we kept our Lafayette office open.
- As Cenergy continued to expand in 2007, we moved the headquarters to Houston, the hub of the global energy industry. We retained a presence in New Orleans, as well as in California's San Joaquin Valley, and the San Francisco area. Additionally, we opened an office in Western Pennsylvania to support operations in the Marcellus Shale formation.
- In 2007, Cenergy bolstered our commitment to support clients in Alaska through our joint venture with Tikigaq Corporation of Point Hope, Alaska - forming Tikigaq-Cenergy, LLC., with an office in Anchorage.
- Supporting our customers has also led us to broaden our range of services beyond consulting and logistics management. We also offer a full line of safety-related services; third-party vendor management; rig inspection services; and aviation support.
- In addition to the company expansion in the U.S., Cenergy has also grown globally. Since 2008, Cenergy has had an office in Calgary, Canada, and in the last year has opened offices in Singapore and Australia. Next month, a Cenergy office will open in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Today, Cenergy has over 800 field consultants, working onshore and offshore in over 13 countries and on every continent except Antarctica. We have built a superb team of service-oriented employees in billing, finance, sales, recruiting, logistics and HSSE services. We believe that our employees' enthusiasm and dedication fosters continuous growth and improvement, and we are delighted to be able to provide employment opportunities for so many people in our new headquarters office, and around the globe.
Our new headquarters office is located at 12650 Crossroads Park Drive, Houston, TX 77065.
For more information on the relocation of our headquarters, email Marilyn Cole at email@example.com.
[ Cenergy Events ]
IADC Houston Chapter Annual Golf Tournament
Cenergy is sponsoring the International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) Houston Chapter Golf Tournament on Friday, September 16. For more information, visit http://www.iadc.org .
AADE Denver Chapter 2nd Annual Fin, Feather, and Fur Food Festival
The American Association of Drilling Engineers (AADE) Denver Chapter is hosting its 2nd Annual Fin, Feather, and Fur Food Festival at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds (Jeffco) in Golden, Colorado on Saturday, September 24. For more information, visit http://www.aade.org/denver/.
10th Annual Shell New Orleans United Way Golf Tournament
Cenergy is sponsoring the 10th Annual Shell New Orleans United Way Golf Tournament. The Tournament will take place at the Beau Chene Country Club in Mandeville, Louisiana on Friday, September 30.
The 9th Louisiana Energy Golf Classic
The four-man scramble style 9th Louisiana Energy Golf Classic will take place at LeTriopmhe Country Club in Broussard, Louisiana on Monday, October 17. For more information, visit http://www.gcpeonline.com/legc.html.
[ Cenergy Spotlight ]
Cenergy would like to thank Robert Siahaan for his exceptional performance and leadership. Here is what our client had to say about Robert: "Under Robert's technical leadership, our 4-year project has completed the significant 50% complete milestone. Robert has done an outstanding job keeping the vendor on task and on spec. Additionally, Robert's technical expertise around QCing remastered tapes has provided best-practice model for other teams kicking off their own remastering work. Robert is cost conscious, and consistently presses our vendors for ways to decrease costs and/or improve efficiency. The project completed a successful pilot study of workflow to destroy the remastered reels that provides an option to significantly reduce estimated costs for reel destruction."