Traveled by Village Hall lately? If so, you've likely noticed the construction work taking place on the north end of Village Hall. The Contractor, Riley Construction, began work in recent weeks on the new home consolidated dispatch in the North Shore.
The new center will become home for emergency dispatch, 9-1-1, and communications center for all seven North Shore communities, as well as the North Shore Fire Department. The new center will consolidate the centers currently located in Whitefish Bay, Brown Deer, and Bayside.
With the new footings being poured today, the addition is well underway. While the consolidated center offers many benefits, some highlights include:
- Enhanced service, reduced costs, and technological advances;
- Reduction of redundancy and call transferring by combining three current centers into one;
- Reduced North Shore Fire Department dispatch times with one central dispatching center;
- Professional training for staff and state of the art technology including wireless 9-1-1;
- Total projected savings of nearly four (4) million over the first ten years of operation(North Shore)
- Approximately $448,000 in savings over ten years (Bayside's portion);
Keep on the lookout for continual updates, and visit the Village's photo gallery at any time to view the construction progress.