|Artist Judith Olivia Heartsong Email Archives Homepage|
|Artist Judith Olivia HeartSong paints bold acrylics and splashy watercolors from her new studio and gallery space located in Glen Echo, Maryland. Large florals, nature studies, mixed media, and goddess archetypes are common themes and all are lively and colorful.
To see more, visit my artist's website www.judithheartsong.com
To view reference images, visit my Flickr site here and click on the various folders for an image tour!
To hear what people are saying about me and my work, click here
To connect professionally, view my profile on LinkedIn here
- January 2012 Newsletter
- Celebrating the new year with a new commission on the easel, a newly completed bear for the ABC series, and a white owl next up in the studio. Lots of great guests are planned for the coming months of salon - an artful conversation, and I am celebrating my first year in my new studio and gallery space.
- December 2011 Newsletter
- The year has flown by and this December edition wraps up the whirlwind year with updates on the animal series, birthday celebrationals, and mail art to view.
- November 2011 Newsletter
- Sharing an article in Artsy Shark that highlights my monthly newsletter, images from the UTRECHT demo at my studio, a sun-faced white pumpkin, and an artist play day with Mimi Harris are all featured, along with an article about the Cornucopia show in the Bethesda Patch..... read all about the busy month of October!
- October 2011 Newsletter
- So much is happening at the studio with classes and workshops, poetry readings, a Utrecht demo and more.... check out October's happenings!
- September 2011 Newsletter
- Poetry readings are coming to Judith HeartSong's studio and gallery, the first in September! A new series of animal paintings relate to the alphabet, and letter art is beinging created in the studio and winging its way around the world.... learn more! A bonus is my short list of glues and adhesives for you to peruse.... get into mixed media!
- August 2011 Newsletter
- A summery list of museums to visit... a newly completed commissioned painting, and mixed media work in the studio..... along with a tutorial on how to pack art!
- July 2011 Newsletter
- The Big Bonus Summer issue is jam-packed with lots of events and happenings at Judith HeartSong Fine Art - Studio and Gallery. June's studio-warming and 30th anniversary party and so much more to catch up on.
- June 2011 Newsletter
- So much is happening in the studio and for Judith HeartSong Fine Art!
- May 2011 Newsletter
- Getting ready for a celebration of my 30th year as a professional artist!
- April 2011 Newsletter
- Spring is on it's way in the new studio!
- March 2011 Newsletter
- The first images of the new studio and gallery in Glen Echo, Maryland.... make arrangements to come and visit soon!
- February 2011 Newsletter
- February of 2011 sees me moving into new studio AND gallery space that will allow for workshops, discussions, and events. Also a feature on Renee Phillips blog.
- January 2011 Newsletter
- A new painting and a wish for the new year.
- December 2010 Newsletter
- A vacation to San Diego and my art center's annual campaign, along with a painted birthday cake for a good cause are all featured in this edition of the newsletter.
- November 2010 Newsletter
- Fall has arrived and the studio is filled with Stacked Stones paintings for you to view. Enjoy a vicarious field trip to Corning Glass in New York State and look forward to the Museum Shop Around at Strathmore this month.
- October 2010 Newsletter
- I won the People's Choice Award at Cups Full of Hope thanks to lots of supporters, and saw my Peacock Thread Painting featured at a Smithsonian Trunk Show. Check out my latest work in the studio, and read about my thoughts on how to choose the right artist teacher for you.
- September 2010 Newlsetter
- Some pretty amazing stuff is happening..... a Smithsonian Trunk Show, a very special fundraiser, new Stacked Stones paintings and the opportunity to schedule your workshops in my studio.
- August 2010 Newsletter
- An exciting feature show at The Maris Elaine Gallery's gorgeous new National Harbor location for their grand opening this month, along with other studio news and events!
- July 2010 Newsletter
- Summertime fun with a commissioned painting shipping off, news about the latest on the easel and workshops, as well as some fun artsy field trip ideas with web links. Go get your summer!
- June 2010 Newlsetter
- The Inspiration Vacation Edition of the Artsy Newsletter with sand and sea glass.
- May 2010 Newlsetter
- Flowers and Festivals as we start the month of May. The panel discussion at the Corcoran was a great conversation and new work is on the easel in the studio.
- April 2010 Newlsetter
- The Shorebird painting is completed and postcards and notecards will be available through the artist's studio and from the DuPont Nature Center at Mispillion Harbor Reserve in Delaware.
Eight new fiber artists on the second floor artist concourse will bring the artist-in-residence number to 18. A good chance to meet them is the combined Art After Hours and opening of the Wearable Art Show in the VisArts Gallery.
Don't miss the WPA Discussion re-scheduled for April!
- March 2010 Newsletter
- The Artsy Newsletter's first anniversary and my participation in an upcoming WPA panel discussion at the Corcoran. Updates on the latest work in the studio and workshops for you!
- February 2010 Newsletter
- Its been a year since my hearts and flowers February studio-warming last year, and in the year since lots of friends have come to visit and have found wonderful things to do at the art center. Make an appointment to come and visit and share the light in my gorgeous studio!
- January 2010 Newsletter
- Happy New Year Wishes from my studio, along with news on a very special February Art After Hours that will include drumming and a sale! New Spring workshops are on their way and creative opportunities are here for the taking.
- December 2009 Newsletter
- Holiday greetings and mixed media images highlight December's newsletter with some creative thoughts and ideas for shopping and journaling.
- November 2009 Newsletter
- With a TEA theme November's newsletter features the ART of Tea notecards that I designed, The Letter Project that I participated in, special entertainment for Art After Hours, and some great and varied news!
- October 2009 Newsletter
- The Art of Tea and a "brewtastic" event at VisArts are highlighted in this month's newsletter.
- September 2009 Newsletter
- So much NEW news! Check out the peacock thread painting handmade by artisans in Vietnam, my latest partnership with imagekind to produce incredible fine art giclees of my work, and all the Fall workshop offerings in the studio and through VisArts... our gorgeous 28,000 square foot art center just a metro ride from DC.
- August 2009 Newsletter
- The sixth artsy newsletter features the resident artists' gallery show, Unique Visions, new classes and workshops, and a photo field trip to a summery field of sunflowers.
- July 2009 Newsletter
- The fifth artsy newsletter is filled with info for summer fun and a coupon for your next purchase of art.
- June 2009 Newsletter
- The fourth artsy newsletter is filled with information about upcoming shows and projects (including a show scheduled for 2013). Summer fun and gorgeous images highlight this particular newsletter.
- May 2009 Newsletter
- The third artsy newsletter celebrates my going from shared studio space to a room with a view of my very own. Studio 205 is now the HeartSong Studio at VisArts.
- April 2009 Newsletter
- The second artsy newsletter announced the opening of Judith's exciting month-long solo show at the Washington School of Photography opening on April 10th, featuring her paintings and reference photos, and other studio news.
- March 2009 Newsletter
- The first artsy newsletter in the series featured news on Judith's heart-filled February studio warming and upcoming events.
|Artist Judith Heartsong|
c/o VisArts at Rockville
155 Gibbs Street, Suite 300Rockville, Maryland 20850