Go Forth On The Fourth -- A Parade Of Independence Day Activities And Hours At Atlanta Restaurants
The Peachtree Road Race, parades, concerts and fireworks will work up a July 4th appetite. Atlanta's restaurants have some firecracker ideas for your Independence Day holiday, and not a one involves firing up your own kitchen appliances. We salute these eating out options!
Start celebrating early with Woodfire Grill's annual "BBQ & Beer" event on July 3 from 5:30-11 p.m. Executive Chef Kevin Gillespie's three-course, all-American menu includes an appetizer, main course of BBQ, Brunswick stew and sides, and banana pudding for dessert. Beer from Atlanta's own SweetWater Brewery will star alongside the food, and all proceeds from SweetWater beer sales will benefit the brewery's campaign to "Save the Hooch." Dinner cost is $38 per person (plus tax and gratuity). Reservations are required as seating is limited. Call 404-347-9055.
Come to Atkins Park Tavern in Virginia Highland prepared to "Go Whole Hog or Go Home" over their July 4th lunch and dinner special. A meat-and-three-sides menu is the food of champions for $15 per person (excluding beverage, tax and gratuity). Cheer for beer and a chance to win some of the $500 in prizes at the tavern's Backyard Beer Olympics beginning at 4 p.m.
Baseball-bound Atkins Park Tavern in Smyrna and Ormsby's are running their hit ballpark bus trip to the Atlanta Braves versus Chicago Cubs game. Get the whole shebang for $55 per person: beer, Jäger, hot dogs, roundtrip bus ride, ticket to the 7:10 p.m. game and plenty of time to watch the post-game fireworks show. Sure to sell out so call Atkins Park Tavern in Smyrna at 770-435-1887 or Ormsby's at 404-968-2033 to reserve your ticket(s).
Open for you on the Fourth are:
* Alon's Bakery and Market in Virginia Highland and Dunwoody, open from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
* Atkins Park Tavern in Virginia Highland and Smyrna
* Ecco, European-inspired bistro, open for dinner in Midtown
* Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar in Dunwoody
* La Tavola Trattoria for an Italian dinner in Virginia Highland
* All eight Marlow's Tavern locations
* No. 246 for Italian in Decatur
* The Original El Taco in Virginia Highland
* Ormsby's on Atlanta's Westside, dinner only
* RA Sushi Bar Restaurant for Japanese fusion, sushi and fun drinks in Midtown
* Ray's in the City, Ray's at Killer Creek and Ray's on the River open from 4 - 9 p.m.
* Smashburger, all five Atlanta-area locations will be open
* South City Kitchen Vinings for Southern fare in Vinings
* Uncle Julio's Fine Mexican Food for a July 4th fiesta in Buckhead and Sandy Springs
Who's taking the day off? Closed for the holiday are: Alma Cocina, Aqua blue, Aria, Chicken and the Egg, JCT. Kitchen & Bar, Kaleidoscope Bistro & Pub, The Optimist, South City Kitchen Midtown and Woodfire Grill.