Raise Money for your Agency!
All you need to do is create a team and get the word out to your supporters! Your agency will receive 50% of all the money your team raises in food credits at the Food Bank. The other 50% helps the Food Bank provide for the free and subsidized food your receive as well.
- Pick an identifiable and easy team name to remember for your agency's team: e.g. "Atascadero Loaves & Fishes".
- Call Megan at the Food Bank 238-4664 if you would like the Hunger Walk Logo, information sheets, etc. to use in your publications or handouts.
- Announce the walk in your emails, newsletters, meetings,etc., and encourage everyone to go to the Food Bank website and sign up for the walk as part of your team.
- Emphasize that they need to get as many donations as possible! You might even have a special way of honoring the one who raises the most money on your team!
- Register online and be sure to identify your team name!
Remember - the walk is less than two months away, and it takes people time to collect donations. The website is waiting and you can begin today!
| Sandwiches on Sunday!
A group from St. Rose Catholic Church in Paso Robles are starting Sandwiches on Sunday (SOS). SOS will be providing a bag lunch with a PB&J sandwich and a variation of either chips, snacks or box drinks to cover the only day a meal is not available in Paso Robles. The goal of the program is to bring Homeless Awareness in the Paso Robles community and to get youth involved in the project.
Sandwiches will be distributed in the Pioneer Park across from People's Kitchen on Sunday's at 10 AM.