Spring Food Drive
Would you like to earn agency food credit? Volunteer at our 2012 KCOY Spring Food Drive. We are looking for volunteers on Saturday & Sunday from 10 AM to 6 PM (2-hour shifts).
March 20th - April 10th
Agencies will receive a $6/per hour/per schedule volunteer credit. Earn up to $750 towards your agency shopping account.
For More Information:
Food Safety Tip
Reduce the risk of food borne illnesses with 4 simple steps:
1. Clean: wash hands & surfaces often with warm soapy water.
2. Separate: don't cross contaminate. Are you handing out frozen chicken inside the produce bag?
3. Chill: refrigerate promptly after your shopping appointment. Those stops in between can increase the temperature and food born illnesses.
4. Cook: to proper temperatures. Hot food should be held at 140 °F or warmer.
What is Required of You
- Quarterly reports - those who regulate us require quarterly reporting. Agencies who don't report in a timely manner will jeopardize ability to schedule a shopping appointment. * Due April 15th, July 15th, October 15th & January 15th.
- Complete ServeSafe Training - agencies are required to have 1 staff member or volunteer ServeSafe trained. This training is required every 3 years. Step by step instructions are available online.
- Agency Monitoring - all agencies are monitored for safety and procedural changes every 2 years. This opportunity allows us to find out what good things your agency is doing and ways that we can partner together.