Take Action Today
Support Parks and Wildlife in Chula Vista
After ten years and over 100 public meetings, the plan provides:
- more than 80 acres of parks and 75 acres of usable open spaces,
- almost 70 acres of wildlife habitat buffer and restoration areas,
- high-rise development away from wetlands,
- requirements for high levels of energy efficiency and clean, renewable energy,
- cleanup of contaminated land, and
- mandatory public participation in future planning and management of the area.
This plan is our best chance to protect the bayfront we love
If the Coastal Commission fails to approve this plan, the consequences could be dire for local wildlife and nearby communities that will lose significant public access.
Please show support for this plan at our public presentation to the Coastal Commission on July 11 at 8:30 a.m. at Chula Vista Council Chambers at 276 Fourth Avenue in Chula Vista.