Then we asked ourselves: "Where on the other side of the lake are we going?" That launched us into two amazing days of envisioning God's future for the younger generation in Cuba.
Alexy said, "We are mentoring pioneers in Cuba. No one has mentored any of us, but God has called us to mentor and multiply leaders." Years ago we had committed to "mentor younger leaders through a process that produces Multiplying Ministry Models." So we looked back to 2004 to see what Jesus-Focused Youth Ministry training has accomplished.
* Cuba for Christ! has been their desire from the beginning.
* 82 JFYM Forums conducted.
* 1200 youth leaders trained.
* 225 churches from 5 denominations participated.
* 82 churches implemented JFYM.
* 56 have qualified as Eagle Leaders.
* 600 teenagers attended Impacto 2009--the only gathering of Christian teenagers since Castro's revolution in 1959!
Despite difficulties, God has produced much fruit in eight years through these mentoring pioneers.