Red, White and Pink ... On behalf of the many Bay Area women and men coping with breast cancer who will receive support as a result of Red, White and Pink, the Healdsburg wine tasting event held on May 14, a heartfelt thank you to the East Side Bunch, Acorn Winery and all those who attended. Thanks also to Truffle Gateau for their amazing Belgian chocolates and for donating a portion of their sales at the event.
Your donations at work ... For every $75 we receive, we can provide a low cost screening mammogram for someone who can't afford one. For every $250, we can provide a diagnostic mammogram for a woman or man who is anxiously waiting to see if she or he has breast cancer.
Other services your generosity will help provide: support groups for young women (under 30) with small children who have advanced breast cancer, hospice services for those in need of end-of-live support, and many more.
Fifteen Ways... In keeping with the Foundation's 15th anniversary, here are 15 ways to help a friend with breast cancer.
1. Take her/him to doctor appointments and take notes.
2. Bring food or gift certificates for take-out.
3. Offer to be the communicator, keeping mutual friends in the loop.
4. Get the car washed and fill the tank.
5. Help with laundry.
6. Send a manicurist or a masseuse to the house.
9. Help shop for a wig.
10. Provide a housecleaner for a day.
11. Show her how you did your make-up when you had no eyebrows
12. Run errands.
13. Have your partner talk to her/his partner - they need support too.
14. Be the parent for a day - take kids out to a movie or for ice cream.
15. Check up on her/him often.
Based on an article by Nicole Johnson