How Do You Compare?
Find out with CFMA's 2012 Information Technology Survey for the Construction Industry/In Partnership with Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. (ABC) and the Information Technology Benchmarker!
Available Fall 2012, the newly revised and revamped IT Survey details numerous metrics that are sure to influence and drive companies' IT decisions!
- How contractors organize their IT departments
- Which IT solutions are used most by individual job functions
- Construction IT spending by revenue
- IT policies and procedures analysis
CFMA/ABC's 2012 IT Survey includes hard-to-find information on technology use in the construction industry, presenting the results by contractor type and revenue size and covering major technology topics such as budgets, networks, security, software, hardware, field access, integration, and much more. The software category coverage is broken down into major software types including: Job Cost/Accounting/Payroll, Estimating, Project Management, Project Collaboration, Project Scheduling, CAD/Drafting, Fixed Asset, Imaging, Service Management, and CRM.
Your IT Survey purchase also includes three free IT Benchmarker reports - IT benchmarking that's online, on demand, and on point. The new online, interactive IT Benchmarker tool highlights and benchmarks:
- Software categories, including job cost/accounting/payroll, estimating, project management, and service management
- Technology use in the construction industry presented by contractor type and revenue size
- Comparative charts and graphs perfect for high-powered presentations
Visit Visit the CFMA site to order your copy of this industry benchmarking report.
Special offer for SAGE customers! Pay only $240 for both the Survey PDF and three Benchmarker reports! Enter the Promotion Code SAGE to save 25% off the regular price of $325!
Contact Fern Oram at 609-945-2494 for more information!
Highlights from the Sage 100 Survey
I want to thank every one who spent a few minutes to complete our short survey. The results were very helpful to us. One of the questions was, "What could Master Builder do better?" These were mentioned more than once:
- Integration with PR service - that is in the works as we understand
- Better Report Writer - we have created a very easy to use product called EZ Writer. If you want a free trial, please call Amy
- Easy way to handle the retention billing - there is a video on our YouTube channel about it
- Better estimating solution- we have three levels of estimating
- We have access to over 20 trade specific databases, contact us for information or a demo. These are our favorites:
- Home Builder
Over 75% of the respondents are looking for more web based training. We will be offering several workshops in October and November:
- Estimating Basic an introduction, 60-90 minutes
- Project Management Basic, 90 minutes
- Project Management Advanced, 90 minutes
- Report Designer, 60-90 minutes
The seating will be limited so you have a chance to ask questions. There will be a $100 charge to attend but 100% of the proceeds will be donated to our local food pantry for the less fortunate this upcoming holiday season.
Sage Estimating and BIM
We are planning a Lunch and Learn with Paul Asnicar from Sage corporate to discuss how BIM and Sage Estimating can work together.
The first of these sessions will be held in our training room in Temecula. It will be limited to eight participants. We are trying to gauge the interest in this before we set a formal date, If you are interested, please send an email to Dennis Feidner
Paul will have a demnstration on the latest SQL version of Esimating as part of this presentation.
In addition, we may be presenting a two day workshop on Sage Estimating. This will cover basic estimating, but the last 3 hours we will discuss some advanced concepts. If you are interested, please call Amy or Jean to be added to our list.
FREE Reports for Sage 100 and Sage 300
The first is for Sage 100 and it is a contract schedule comparable to what your CPA uses to show current year and prior year. View it here
; if you want this report please send an email to Jean
The second is a report for Sage 300. Are you tired of running multiple reports and then re-typing existing Timberline information in Excel to combine the data?
Finally, a report that includes payroll checks, deductions, AND fringes that YOU PICK! In addition, select between Period End Date or Check Date Ranges, and include any checks in your data folder.
This means you can run a complete 401K or Insurance report that includes BOTH the employee and employer portions. Just input the Deduction and Fringe ID's and off you go. You have total control! Take a look at it here
Just ask Jean for the report and a special Thanks to Pam and Mike for their contribution.